SEGA seriously impressed with the PS Vita
SEGA West boss Mike Hayes has been speaking about their experience of working with the PS Vita so far.
Hayes explained that SEGA are seriously impressed with the PS Vita so far with Virtua Tennis and several other titles planned for Sony's new handheld.
He enthused: "We had Virtua Tennis World Tour on PSP when it first came out. It was one of the biggest 3rd party sellers - obviously bigger in Europe than it will be in the States, but weve managed to use a lot of the functionality of Vita. And we've made it very clear we're going to support Sony with that title. ... It's interesting on Vita - technically it's brilliant, it's beautiful, and it's really great to play. And Sony has made it very clear they want to target core gamers primarily. So we take that on board with the titles that we're going to bring out."
Hayes continued: "The nice thing about the Vita, I think, is ultimately going to be the range of software pricing types that you can put on it so it's not just the high end game at the high end price. You can do the mid-point, more like your XBLA or PSN titles and of course maybe even a small bite size of more app type software. For me, the strength of that device is the whole spectrum of software, that will either sell as physical or as digital. That, I think, is a big point of difference for us as a developer. So that's pretty cool."
The PS Vita will most likely be out in Japan for Christmas, with supply problems delaying the Western release until 2012.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan