Rage to have a 22GB install on Xbox 360
Id's new FPS Rage is set to push the limits of the Xbox 360 hard disc install with a whopping 22GB of data.
The size of the game suggests that, similar to LA Noire which is around 24GB in size, Rage will probably appear on several discs on the 360.
Technical director at id, John Carmack explained: "On the 360 we don't have a partial install option. It's all or nothing, which is kind of unfortunate."
He added: "This means you have to install 21/22GB of stuff which takes a long time but if you've got it and you play it on the 360 thats the way to go."
Frustratingly enough for Xbox 360 gamers, the 360's DRM will mean that you'll still need to change discs despite installing onto the hard disc.
Rage is out in the UK on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on October the 7th.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III