Rage to have a 22GB install on Xbox 360
Id's new FPS Rage is set to push the limits of the Xbox 360 hard disc install with a whopping 22GB of data.
The size of the game suggests that, similar to LA Noire which is around 24GB in size, Rage will probably appear on several discs on the 360.
Technical director at id, John Carmack explained: "On the 360 we don't have a partial install option. It's all or nothing, which is kind of unfortunate."
He added: "This means you have to install 21/22GB of stuff which takes a long time but if you've got it and you play it on the 360 thats the way to go."
Frustratingly enough for Xbox 360 gamers, the 360's DRM will mean that you'll still need to change discs despite installing onto the hard disc.
Rage is out in the UK on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on October the 7th.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent