Rage to have a 22GB install on Xbox 360
Id's new FPS Rage is set to push the limits of the Xbox 360 hard disc install with a whopping 22GB of data.
The size of the game suggests that, similar to LA Noire which is around 24GB in size, Rage will probably appear on several discs on the 360.
Technical director at id, John Carmack explained: "On the 360 we don't have a partial install option. It's all or nothing, which is kind of unfortunate."
He added: "This means you have to install 21/22GB of stuff which takes a long time but if you've got it and you play it on the 360 thats the way to go."
Frustratingly enough for Xbox 360 gamers, the 360's DRM will mean that you'll still need to change discs despite installing onto the hard disc.
Rage is out in the UK on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on October the 7th.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week