Rage to have a 22GB install on Xbox 360
Id's new FPS Rage is set to push the limits of the Xbox 360 hard disc install with a whopping 22GB of data.
The size of the game suggests that, similar to LA Noire which is around 24GB in size, Rage will probably appear on several discs on the 360.
Technical director at id, John Carmack explained: "On the 360 we don't have a partial install option. It's all or nothing, which is kind of unfortunate."
He added: "This means you have to install 21/22GB of stuff which takes a long time but if you've got it and you play it on the 360 thats the way to go."
Frustratingly enough for Xbox 360 gamers, the 360's DRM will mean that you'll still need to change discs despite installing onto the hard disc.
Rage is out in the UK on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on October the 7th.
- Watch Bungie play Destiny's new Prison Of Elders mode live here tomorrow
- Fan remake of Half-Life, Black Mesa arrives on Steam Early Access
- Microsoft's acquisition of Minecraft devs Mojang was motivated by Hololens
- id Software wanted to pay modders for their work back in 1995 says John Romero
- Jason Voorhees arrives as DLC for Mortal Kombat X and he's all about the machete
- Project CARS finally pulls up to the starting grid
- Shadow Of Mordor: Game Of The Year Edition hits retail this week
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood arrives today
- Bungie and CCP run their own campaigns to aid the earthquake survivors of Nepal