Rage to have a 22GB install on Xbox 360
Id's new FPS Rage is set to push the limits of the Xbox 360 hard disc install with a whopping 22GB of data.
The size of the game suggests that, similar to LA Noire which is around 24GB in size, Rage will probably appear on several discs on the 360.
Technical director at id, John Carmack explained: "On the 360 we don't have a partial install option. It's all or nothing, which is kind of unfortunate."
He added: "This means you have to install 21/22GB of stuff which takes a long time but if you've got it and you play it on the 360 thats the way to go."
Frustratingly enough for Xbox 360 gamers, the 360's DRM will mean that you'll still need to change discs despite installing onto the hard disc.
Rage is out in the UK on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on October the 7th.
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars
- Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
- You want hardcore difficulty? Pillars Of Eternity will delete your savegame when you die
- Destiny writer joins Telltale Game to work on the Game Of Thrones series
- Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015