Sony picks up InFamous dev Sucker Punch
It has been revealed that Sony has bought their first-party developer Sucker Punch for an unknown amount.
The deal brings the InFamous and Sly Cooper developer into the Sony Worldwide Studios fold alongside the likes of MediaMolecule and God of War developer SWS Santa Monica Studios.
Sucker Punch's Brian Fleming said: "When you're an independent little guy with one little project, with every game, you are risking your life and livelihood. This will help us creatively to be less inhibited."
InFamous 2 has fared well at retail since its launch back in mid-June and a new Sly Cooper title is expected some time next year.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network