Sony picks up InFamous dev Sucker Punch
It has been revealed that Sony has bought their first-party developer Sucker Punch for an unknown amount.
The deal brings the InFamous and Sly Cooper developer into the Sony Worldwide Studios fold alongside the likes of MediaMolecule and God of War developer SWS Santa Monica Studios.
Sucker Punch's Brian Fleming said: "When you're an independent little guy with one little project, with every game, you are risking your life and livelihood. This will help us creatively to be less inhibited."
InFamous 2 has fared well at retail since its launch back in mid-June and a new Sly Cooper title is expected some time next year.
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though