Sony picks up InFamous dev Sucker Punch
It has been revealed that Sony has bought their first-party developer Sucker Punch for an unknown amount.
The deal brings the InFamous and Sly Cooper developer into the Sony Worldwide Studios fold alongside the likes of MediaMolecule and God of War developer SWS Santa Monica Studios.
Sucker Punch's Brian Fleming said: "When you're an independent little guy with one little project, with every game, you are risking your life and livelihood. This will help us creatively to be less inhibited."
InFamous 2 has fared well at retail since its launch back in mid-June and a new Sly Cooper title is expected some time next year.
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing