Sony picks up InFamous dev Sucker Punch
It has been revealed that Sony has bought their first-party developer Sucker Punch for an unknown amount.
The deal brings the InFamous and Sly Cooper developer into the Sony Worldwide Studios fold alongside the likes of MediaMolecule and God of War developer SWS Santa Monica Studios.
Sucker Punch's Brian Fleming said: "When you're an independent little guy with one little project, with every game, you are risking your life and livelihood. This will help us creatively to be less inhibited."
InFamous 2 has fared well at retail since its launch back in mid-June and a new Sly Cooper title is expected some time next year.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year