Sony giving away PS Vita devkits for free
Mobile developer Rubicon has revealed that they have received PS Vita development kits for free.
The indie studio has been loaned the new hardware so that they can build an upgraded version of their iOS game Great Little War Game and praised Sony's attitude towards mobile developers.
Rubicon technical director Steve Haggerty said: "We've worked with Apple, and you can't get anything out of them. Microsoft rarely responds and I suppose Nintendo are okay, but Sony are always there to help. They always get back to you."
This mirrors the approach that Sony had take towards PS Minis developers, providing them with low-priced PSP development kits and even loaning them out for free.
Thanks Develop Online.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey