Sony giving away PS Vita devkits for free
Mobile developer Rubicon has revealed that they have received PS Vita development kits for free.
The indie studio has been loaned the new hardware so that they can build an upgraded version of their iOS game Great Little War Game and praised Sony's attitude towards mobile developers.
Rubicon technical director Steve Haggerty said: "We've worked with Apple, and you can't get anything out of them. Microsoft rarely responds and I suppose Nintendo are okay, but Sony are always there to help. They always get back to you."
This mirrors the approach that Sony had take towards PS Minis developers, providing them with low-priced PSP development kits and even loaning them out for free.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree