Sony giving away PS Vita devkits for free
Mobile developer Rubicon has revealed that they have received PS Vita development kits for free.
The indie studio has been loaned the new hardware so that they can build an upgraded version of their iOS game Great Little War Game and praised Sony's attitude towards mobile developers.
Rubicon technical director Steve Haggerty said: "We've worked with Apple, and you can't get anything out of them. Microsoft rarely responds and I suppose Nintendo are okay, but Sony are always there to help. They always get back to you."
This mirrors the approach that Sony had take towards PS Minis developers, providing them with low-priced PSP development kits and even loaning them out for free.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny