Sony giving away PS Vita devkits for free
Mobile developer Rubicon has revealed that they have received PS Vita development kits for free.
The indie studio has been loaned the new hardware so that they can build an upgraded version of their iOS game Great Little War Game and praised Sony's attitude towards mobile developers.
Rubicon technical director Steve Haggerty said: "We've worked with Apple, and you can't get anything out of them. Microsoft rarely responds and I suppose Nintendo are okay, but Sony are always there to help. They always get back to you."
This mirrors the approach that Sony had take towards PS Minis developers, providing them with low-priced PSP development kits and even loaning them out for free.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May