Sony giving away PS Vita devkits for free
Mobile developer Rubicon has revealed that they have received PS Vita development kits for free.
The indie studio has been loaned the new hardware so that they can build an upgraded version of their iOS game Great Little War Game and praised Sony's attitude towards mobile developers.
Rubicon technical director Steve Haggerty said: "We've worked with Apple, and you can't get anything out of them. Microsoft rarely responds and I suppose Nintendo are okay, but Sony are always there to help. They always get back to you."
This mirrors the approach that Sony had take towards PS Minis developers, providing them with low-priced PSP development kits and even loaning them out for free.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015