Resistance 3 Public Beta Details Confirmed
Those interested in the upcoming sequel to the Resistance trilogy should start up the hype train. Insomniac Games has revealed new details for the upcoming beta for the game.
For UK gamers, you'll get VIP treatment if you're a Playstation Plus subscriber and have VIP beta access starting on August 10th and you'll be able to download the client starting on that date from the PS's Store's PS Plus section. Non-subscribers will have to wait for further details to be able to gain access to the beta.
In the US, purchasers of SOCOM 4 with the Resistance 3 sticker will gain early access to the beta as well at some point on August 4th by redeeming the code. Playstation Plus subscribers will have to wait until August 23rd to get your Resistance fix and unfortunately non-subscribers are again left in the cold.
"The Public Beta includes two of our five multiplayer modes, Team Deathmatch and Chain Reaction (the other three are Deathmatch, Breach, and Capture the Flag). You can level your character up, buy and upgrade weapons and abilities, customize your loadouts and unlock new character skins. We have capped the level in the beta at 20, so you won't be able to get the full range of abilities, modes, maps, and weapons until the game launches in September."
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4