Gamestop to offer PC digital downloads
In an effort to bring in more incentives for customers to purchase at their stores: Gamestop will begin to allow customers to purchase digital downloadable PC titles.
You'll be able to use "any accepted form of payment" for your purchase at your local store. What it appears to be the highlight is "any accepted form of payment" meaning that gamers can trade games for credit towards purchase of PC downloads.
Amazon also allows this practice on their online-storefront as well. The first game for players to use this practice is for Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
Those that purchase the digital version will receive Dues Ex: Game of the Year Edition and Dues Ex: Invisible War. You'll also get "Explosive Mission" DLC and double power-up reward points. It appears this will be the first of many games to come for this program.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year