Gamestop to offer PC digital downloads
In an effort to bring in more incentives for customers to purchase at their stores: Gamestop will begin to allow customers to purchase digital downloadable PC titles.
You'll be able to use "any accepted form of payment" for your purchase at your local store. What it appears to be the highlight is "any accepted form of payment" meaning that gamers can trade games for credit towards purchase of PC downloads.
Amazon also allows this practice on their online-storefront as well. The first game for players to use this practice is for Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
Those that purchase the digital version will receive Dues Ex: Game of the Year Edition and Dues Ex: Invisible War. You'll also get "Explosive Mission" DLC and double power-up reward points. It appears this will be the first of many games to come for this program.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO