EA shooting for a strong start for Star Wars: The Old Republic
EA Games boss Frank Gibeau is very confident that Star Wars: The Old Republic will have a successful launch.
Based on the pre-order figures Gibeau is pretty confident that the game can score healthy player numbers in the multiple millions when it launches.
He explained to investors in the the conference call for the first quarter financials: "We've got a very aggressive plan to be able to scale multiple millions of users coming into the Star Wars franchise and service this fall."
He continued: "We're looking at pre-order campaigns and telemetry coming in from retail as well as online to get a sense of the overall base, and it's very strong. We're pretty relaxed about what we're going to be able to achieve there. We feel very bullish to be able to come into this category with a fresh offering, something that's brand new that appeals to a majority of that category. And it's a category that hasn't seen a lot of releases that fit the scale over the years and we feel like we're in a good position to pick up on a lot of latent demand."
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto