Microsoft: Average XBLA title prices rising
Microsoft has revealed that, according to their figures the average price of a title on Xbox Live Arcade is rising.
XBLA portfolio director, Chris Charla has described some interesting trends on Xbox Live Arcade compared to the App Store and puts the rising prices down to the overall quality of XBLA's titles, highlighting Limbo and Castle Crashers as examples.
Charla explained: "If you look at Live Arcade, and do the math, and look at the publicly available sales numbers, you can see that average prices on XBLA have crept up over the last few years, which has been an interesting trend because on some app markets there's been a race to zero as fast as possible."
"We've seen a little bit of the opposite happening," he continued. "I don't really know where prices are going to go - ultimately, that's set by the market - but it has been really gratifying to see that people are willing to a premium price for digital content."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey