Star Wars: The Old Republic to have 500 worlds by 2025
BioWare has extremely grand plans for Star Wars: The Old Republic that extend well into the next decade.
At a panel at this year's San Diego Comic-Con SWTOR's lead designer, James Ohlen, revealed that they hope they will be able to keep the game going for decades and expand the game well beyond the 19 major worlds which it will launch with.
He revealed: "Well, I can say that we have 19 major worlds. Then we have an indeterminate number of minor worlds. And our goal, obviously this being an online game, that we're hoping is going to last for decades, we're going to be, obviously, adding more to the galaxy map as the game progresses. We want to add dozens of worlds. Hundreds of worlds eventually. In 2025, we'll hopefully have 500 worlds."
The ambitious Star Wars MMO is expected to be released some time in December with two different special editions available for pre-order alongside the standard release.
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released