Double Eleven becomes a first-party Sony studio
Sony has proudly announced that they have signed up portable developers Double Eleven to be a first party studio.
Double Eleven was formed in 2010 by a few lead-engineers from Rockstar Leeds and has already worked on the PSP version of LittleBigPlanet.
This is work that they are continuing with the PS Vita version of LittleBigPlanet which was unveiled at this year's E3 alongside the new handheld itself.
Sony's Michael Denny said: "Double Eleven are one of the most exciting developers to emerge onto the development scene in recent years, their technical expertise makes them a great fit for LittleBigPlanet on PS Vita and we've very pleased with the progress the team have made on this hugely anticipated title."
"For us to become strong partners with Sony at such a crucial stage in our own development underlines the unswerving commitment we have made to the quality of our production, It is a testament to the hard work of all the exceptional team here at Double Eleven and we're delighted that this agreement will help our company grow and flourish, working on prestigious titles, on leading-edge platforms. The opportunity to work so closely with Sony is simply fantastic and we look forward to a truly exciting new phase in our own development, with the absolute intention to become a world-class studio," added Lee Hutchinson, CEO at Double Eleven.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below