Square Enix apologises over confusion surrounding the Rise Of The Tomb Raider announcement
Square Enix has a come forward with an apology over the confusion surrounding the Xbox exclusivity of Rise Of The Tomb Raider.
In a short Q&A on the deal published on the Tomb Raider offical blog on Tumblr they give a few more details on the Gamescom announcement that caused some much confusion and negative reaction.
They explained on the announcment, “We certainly didn’t intend to cause any confusion with the announcement. The Microsoft Gamescom stage was a great place to make the initial announcement, but not necessarily to go into details.”
They wouldn't be drawn on the details of the deal though. They added, “Yes, our deal with Microsoft has a duration. We aren’t discussing details of the deal, and are focused on delivering a great game on Xbox One and Xbox 360.”
Rise Of The Tomb Raider is due to be released on Xbox One and Xbox 360 in time for Christmas 2015.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3