Square Enix apologises over confusion surrounding the Rise Of The Tomb Raider announcement
Square Enix has a come forward with an apology over the confusion surrounding the Xbox exclusivity of Rise Of The Tomb Raider.
In a short Q&A on the deal published on the Tomb Raider offical blog on Tumblr they give a few more details on the Gamescom announcement that caused some much confusion and negative reaction.
They explained on the announcment, “We certainly didn’t intend to cause any confusion with the announcement. The Microsoft Gamescom stage was a great place to make the initial announcement, but not necessarily to go into details.”
They wouldn't be drawn on the details of the deal though. They added, “Yes, our deal with Microsoft has a duration. We aren’t discussing details of the deal, and are focused on delivering a great game on Xbox One and Xbox 360.”
Rise Of The Tomb Raider is due to be released on Xbox One and Xbox 360 in time for Christmas 2015.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One