Square Enix apologises over confusion surrounding the Rise Of The Tomb Raider announcement
Square Enix has a come forward with an apology over the confusion surrounding the Xbox exclusivity of Rise Of The Tomb Raider.
In a short Q&A on the deal published on the Tomb Raider offical blog on Tumblr they give a few more details on the Gamescom announcement that caused some much confusion and negative reaction.
They explained on the announcment, “We certainly didn’t intend to cause any confusion with the announcement. The Microsoft Gamescom stage was a great place to make the initial announcement, but not necessarily to go into details.”
They wouldn't be drawn on the details of the deal though. They added, “Yes, our deal with Microsoft has a duration. We aren’t discussing details of the deal, and are focused on delivering a great game on Xbox One and Xbox 360.”
Rise Of The Tomb Raider is due to be released on Xbox One and Xbox 360 in time for Christmas 2015.
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light
- Don't Starve gets a release date for the Wii U
- Here's the trailer for the next episode of Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Bloodborne will see DLC before the end of the year
- CD Projekt RED addresses visual downgrade issues with The Witcher 3
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new trailer featuring the Nine Inch Nails
- This year's Need For Speed is bringing back the narrative
- No Bard's Tale IV on consoles, InXile not ruling it out though