Square Enix apologises over confusion surrounding the Rise Of The Tomb Raider announcement
Square Enix has a come forward with an apology over the confusion surrounding the Xbox exclusivity of Rise Of The Tomb Raider.
In a short Q&A on the deal published on the Tomb Raider offical blog on Tumblr they give a few more details on the Gamescom announcement that caused some much confusion and negative reaction.
They explained on the announcment, “We certainly didn’t intend to cause any confusion with the announcement. The Microsoft Gamescom stage was a great place to make the initial announcement, but not necessarily to go into details.”
They wouldn't be drawn on the details of the deal though. They added, “Yes, our deal with Microsoft has a duration. We aren’t discussing details of the deal, and are focused on delivering a great game on Xbox One and Xbox 360.”
Rise Of The Tomb Raider is due to be released on Xbox One and Xbox 360 in time for Christmas 2015.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year