Square Enix apologises over confusion surrounding the Rise Of The Tomb Raider announcement
Square Enix has a come forward with an apology over the confusion surrounding the Xbox exclusivity of Rise Of The Tomb Raider.
In a short Q&A on the deal published on the Tomb Raider offical blog on Tumblr they give a few more details on the Gamescom announcement that caused some much confusion and negative reaction.
They explained on the announcment, “We certainly didn’t intend to cause any confusion with the announcement. The Microsoft Gamescom stage was a great place to make the initial announcement, but not necessarily to go into details.”
They wouldn't be drawn on the details of the deal though. They added, “Yes, our deal with Microsoft has a duration. We aren’t discussing details of the deal, and are focused on delivering a great game on Xbox One and Xbox 360.”
Rise Of The Tomb Raider is due to be released on Xbox One and Xbox 360 in time for Christmas 2015.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer