Mega Man Legends 3 is cancelled
Capcom has announced that they have cancelled their downloadable 3DS title Mega Man Legends 3.
Mega Man Legends 3 was being developed with extensive input from the Mega Man fan community but they revealed on their Capcom Unity blog that the game will not match the desired criteria for it to go into production.
The announcement said: "From the outset the MML3 Project was intended to give gamers across the world insight and input into the development process. Part of this process includes an assessment of whether the title will go into full production, and is based on a number of criteria with input from different sectors of the company."
It continued: "Unfortunately it was not felt that the Mega Man Legends 3 Project met the required criteria, and it is with regret that we must announce that the Mega Man Legends 3 Project has been cancelled, meaning that Capcom will not be releasing the Prototype or the full game. Additionally, updates of the Mega Man Legends Developer Room will cease as of today, though the North American Developer Room and its forums will remain open indefinitely."
"We can only express our deepest apologies to all of you who have lent us your unending support, including participation in the Mega Man Legends 3 Developer Room," Capcom apologised. The Mega Man franchise is still safe for now though: "Mega Man is still an important franchise within Capcom's portfolio and we will continue to pursue opportunities to create new titles in the series."
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date