EA Sports opens up shop in Austin
EA Sports is set to open a large new studio in Austin, Texas growing the state's already considerable games industry workforce.
The new Austin studio's 300-strong workforce will work alongside Tiburon, Florida and Burnaby, British Columbia on EA Sports revitalised franchises.
Frank Gibeau, EA Games president said: "We're really excited about it. Austin is a terrific place for us to do business. The talent is world-class and Perry and the Texas legislature have created a very business-friendly environment for us."
He added: "We are continually searching for the best talent in the industry and the best locations for our operations. Governor Perrys leadership in passing the Texas Moving Image Production Incentive has created an economic environment that is very supportive of game development. Texas is a great place to make games thats why EA is expanding here."
This is yet more evidence in support of the UK game's industry's plea for some kind of tax incentives.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year