EA Sports opens up shop in Austin
EA Sports is set to open a large new studio in Austin, Texas growing the state's already considerable games industry workforce.
The new Austin studio's 300-strong workforce will work alongside Tiburon, Florida and Burnaby, British Columbia on EA Sports revitalised franchises.
Frank Gibeau, EA Games president said: "We're really excited about it. Austin is a terrific place for us to do business. The talent is world-class and Perry and the Texas legislature have created a very business-friendly environment for us."
He added: "We are continually searching for the best talent in the industry and the best locations for our operations. Governor Perrys leadership in passing the Texas Moving Image Production Incentive has created an economic environment that is very supportive of game development. Texas is a great place to make games thats why EA is expanding here."
This is yet more evidence in support of the UK game's industry's plea for some kind of tax incentives.
Thanks Develop Online.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light