EA Sports opens up shop in Austin
EA Sports is set to open a large new studio in Austin, Texas growing the state's already considerable games industry workforce.
The new Austin studio's 300-strong workforce will work alongside Tiburon, Florida and Burnaby, British Columbia on EA Sports revitalised franchises.
Frank Gibeau, EA Games president said: "We're really excited about it. Austin is a terrific place for us to do business. The talent is world-class and Perry and the Texas legislature have created a very business-friendly environment for us."
He added: "We are continually searching for the best talent in the industry and the best locations for our operations. Governor Perrys leadership in passing the Texas Moving Image Production Incentive has created an economic environment that is very supportive of game development. Texas is a great place to make games thats why EA is expanding here."
This is yet more evidence in support of the UK game's industry's plea for some kind of tax incentives.
Thanks Develop Online.
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 boxart appears online
- 4A Games boss speaks of sorrow as the studio relocates from Ukraine to Malta
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars