EA Sports opens up shop in Austin
EA Sports is set to open a large new studio in Austin, Texas growing the state's already considerable games industry workforce.
The new Austin studio's 300-strong workforce will work alongside Tiburon, Florida and Burnaby, British Columbia on EA Sports revitalised franchises.
Frank Gibeau, EA Games president said: "We're really excited about it. Austin is a terrific place for us to do business. The talent is world-class and Perry and the Texas legislature have created a very business-friendly environment for us."
He added: "We are continually searching for the best talent in the industry and the best locations for our operations. Governor Perrys leadership in passing the Texas Moving Image Production Incentive has created an economic environment that is very supportive of game development. Texas is a great place to make games thats why EA is expanding here."
This is yet more evidence in support of the UK game's industry's plea for some kind of tax incentives.
Thanks Develop Online.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey