EA Sports opens up shop in Austin
EA Sports is set to open a large new studio in Austin, Texas growing the state's already considerable games industry workforce.
The new Austin studio's 300-strong workforce will work alongside Tiburon, Florida and Burnaby, British Columbia on EA Sports revitalised franchises.
Frank Gibeau, EA Games president said: "We're really excited about it. Austin is a terrific place for us to do business. The talent is world-class and Perry and the Texas legislature have created a very business-friendly environment for us."
He added: "We are continually searching for the best talent in the industry and the best locations for our operations. Governor Perrys leadership in passing the Texas Moving Image Production Incentive has created an economic environment that is very supportive of game development. Texas is a great place to make games thats why EA is expanding here."
This is yet more evidence in support of the UK game's industry's plea for some kind of tax incentives.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015