Windows 8 a unified OS for PC, mobiles and consoles?
More rumours have surfaced surrounding what Microsoft are planning to do with their next generation of operation system, Windows 8.
It has already been suggested that Windows 8 will allow PC gamers to use their machines to play Xbox 360 games but now it seems that Microsoft are going further.
While they have already announced that Windows 8 will be aimed at PCs and tablet devices it seems that they may be targetting Windows 8 as a catch-all OS that will run become the backbone of everything from smartphones to home PCs and even Microsoft's next generation of home console.
Windows Phone president Andy Lees clarified things a bit saying: "The key important thing here, though, is the change that's yet to happen, but it's about to happen - the bringing together of these devices into a unified ecosystem. Because if it's possible for the core of the device itself to be common across phones, PCs and TVs - and even other things because the price drops dramatically - then it will be a single ecosystem. Windows has always spanned different PC form factors, and with Windows 8 we're going to take this to a whole new level, including tablets... We are aiming to provide coherence and consistency across the PC, the phone, and the TV, particularly with Xbox."
Thanks This Is My Next.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light