Four Vita games planned by Capcom including one hit Japanese IP
Capcom Europe's David Reeves has promised one launch title for the PS Vita as well as Street Fighter vs Tekken and two other titles.
One of those other titles he promised was one that they have had huge success with in Japan which is a series he thinks is pretty much a no-brainer.
Reeves said: "I think down the road, you could probably see a Monster Hunter iteration somewhere. Probably on both [3DS and Vita]. I haven't heard any concrete plansthey don't always share those plansbecause they switch teams many times. Personally, I find Vita a little bit more enticing. It's got more to get into, it has 3G, it feels good in the hand. I findand Nintendo will probably tell you as wellthat 3D is not what they are going to sell it [3DS] on. They think 3D is something that will draw people in, but after a while, that's it. People will just use the slider and put it into 2D. And they are aware of that."
He continued: "It's going to depend on the software ultimately, whether it be a Zelda or a Mario, they are the games that will probably draw players in and sell systems. It will be interesting to see who prevails. I think in the Middle East it will probably be Vita, because of its PlayStation brand. In Russia it will certainly prevail as well. I think in the US and Europe, however, its going to be quite a battle. And that's only good for consumers. But Capcom themselves are pretty agnostic about it. They will choose the game that will suit the individual platforms and develop for both of them. Just as other publishers, like Ubisoft, who are developing for both of them as well."
Thanks ME Gamers.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year