Four Vita games planned by Capcom including one hit Japanese IP
Capcom Europe's David Reeves has promised one launch title for the PS Vita as well as Street Fighter vs Tekken and two other titles.
One of those other titles he promised was one that they have had huge success with in Japan which is a series he thinks is pretty much a no-brainer.
Reeves said: "I think down the road, you could probably see a Monster Hunter iteration somewhere. Probably on both [3DS and Vita]. I haven't heard any concrete plansthey don't always share those plansbecause they switch teams many times. Personally, I find Vita a little bit more enticing. It's got more to get into, it has 3G, it feels good in the hand. I findand Nintendo will probably tell you as wellthat 3D is not what they are going to sell it [3DS] on. They think 3D is something that will draw people in, but after a while, that's it. People will just use the slider and put it into 2D. And they are aware of that."
He continued: "It's going to depend on the software ultimately, whether it be a Zelda or a Mario, they are the games that will probably draw players in and sell systems. It will be interesting to see who prevails. I think in the Middle East it will probably be Vita, because of its PlayStation brand. In Russia it will certainly prevail as well. I think in the US and Europe, however, its going to be quite a battle. And that's only good for consumers. But Capcom themselves are pretty agnostic about it. They will choose the game that will suit the individual platforms and develop for both of them. Just as other publishers, like Ubisoft, who are developing for both of them as well."
Thanks ME Gamers.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey