Rough weekend for Sony with PSN DDoS attack and a bomb threat
This weekend has been a pretty rough weekend for Sony especially with PSN being hit with a DDoS attack and a bomb threat reportedly being called in on a flight carrying SOE boss John Smedley.
A group of hackers calling themselves Lizard Squad flooded Sony's servers with traffic causing them to creak under the strain. At the same time they sent a bomb threat to American Airlines over Twitter for a flight that John Smedley was reportedly on.
PSN wasn't Lizard Squad's only target this weekend though. They apparently hit Blizzard's Battle.net service, EA's Origin and Xbox Live as well over the weekend bringing them all down for periods of time over the weekend.
The attacks came ahead of today's planned PSN maintenance which will bring the PS Store and Account Management services offline for around 7 hours later today.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey