Rough weekend for Sony with PSN DDoS attack and a bomb threat
This weekend has been a pretty rough weekend for Sony especially with PSN being hit with a DDoS attack and a bomb threat reportedly being called in on a flight carrying SOE boss John Smedley.
A group of hackers calling themselves Lizard Squad flooded Sony's servers with traffic causing them to creak under the strain. At the same time they sent a bomb threat to American Airlines over Twitter for a flight that John Smedley was reportedly on.
PSN wasn't Lizard Squad's only target this weekend though. They apparently hit Blizzard's Battle.net service, EA's Origin and Xbox Live as well over the weekend bringing them all down for periods of time over the weekend.
The attacks came ahead of today's planned PSN maintenance which will bring the PS Store and Account Management services offline for around 7 hours later today.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light