Rough weekend for Sony with PSN DDoS attack and a bomb threat
This weekend has been a pretty rough weekend for Sony especially with PSN being hit with a DDoS attack and a bomb threat reportedly being called in on a flight carrying SOE boss John Smedley.
A group of hackers calling themselves Lizard Squad flooded Sony's servers with traffic causing them to creak under the strain. At the same time they sent a bomb threat to American Airlines over Twitter for a flight that John Smedley was reportedly on.
PSN wasn't Lizard Squad's only target this weekend though. They apparently hit Blizzard's Battle.net service, EA's Origin and Xbox Live as well over the weekend bringing them all down for periods of time over the weekend.
The attacks came ahead of today's planned PSN maintenance which will bring the PS Store and Account Management services offline for around 7 hours later today.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year