Rough weekend for Sony with PSN DDoS attack and a bomb threat
This weekend has been a pretty rough weekend for Sony especially with PSN being hit with a DDoS attack and a bomb threat reportedly being called in on a flight carrying SOE boss John Smedley.
A group of hackers calling themselves Lizard Squad flooded Sony's servers with traffic causing them to creak under the strain. At the same time they sent a bomb threat to American Airlines over Twitter for a flight that John Smedley was reportedly on.
PSN wasn't Lizard Squad's only target this weekend though. They apparently hit Blizzard's Battle.net service, EA's Origin and Xbox Live as well over the weekend bringing them all down for periods of time over the weekend.
The attacks came ahead of today's planned PSN maintenance which will bring the PS Store and Account Management services offline for around 7 hours later today.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year