APB Reloaded getting a retail release?
The CEO of IGS, parent company of the developer that picked up the rights to APB has hinted that APB Reloaded could make a retail release.
Paul G Lombardi said on a (now pulled) post on his Facebook page that APB Reloaded would be seeing a retail release in the US at 29.99 USD which would 45 USD worth of unspecified in-game goodies.
GamersFirst APB's publisher told GameSpot: "Given that APB Reloaded has been the most talked about online game this summer and its unprecedented growth in open beta players, it has become very attractive to large institutions in the game distribution business. In just six weeks of open beta the game has attracted over 600,000 users and over a quarter million fans on the game's fan page on Facebook. As a result of this success, we've been approached by retail partners to launch the title on retail shelves. Although we are evaluating our options, we have not picked a potential partner as of now. GamersFirst is also committed to the Free2Play model and any retail strategy will be guided by those principles."
APB Reloaded is currently in open beta with its full release coming later on this year.
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit