APB Reloaded getting a retail release?
The CEO of IGS, parent company of the developer that picked up the rights to APB has hinted that APB Reloaded could make a retail release.
Paul G Lombardi said on a (now pulled) post on his Facebook page that APB Reloaded would be seeing a retail release in the US at 29.99 USD which would 45 USD worth of unspecified in-game goodies.
GamersFirst APB's publisher told GameSpot: "Given that APB Reloaded has been the most talked about online game this summer and its unprecedented growth in open beta players, it has become very attractive to large institutions in the game distribution business. In just six weeks of open beta the game has attracted over 600,000 users and over a quarter million fans on the game's fan page on Facebook. As a result of this success, we've been approached by retail partners to launch the title on retail shelves. Although we are evaluating our options, we have not picked a potential partner as of now. GamersFirst is also committed to the Free2Play model and any retail strategy will be guided by those principles."
APB Reloaded is currently in open beta with its full release coming later on this year.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes