360 games to be playable with Windows 8?
Curious news has appeared of an interesting new feature that Microsoft are reportedly including in their next PC operating system.
According to different reports Windows 8 will include support for playing Xbox 360 games on your home PC.
Engadget has uncovered references to the Xbox 360 in a leaked snippet of Windows 8 kernel code whereas Insideris has uncovered rumours that Microsoft will be bringing 360 games to the PC but there are no plans for cross-platform multiplayer.
With Microsoft already integrating Games for Windows Live into Xbox.com them building Xbox 360 game support into Windows 8 is not outside the realms of possibility.
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release