360 games to be playable with Windows 8?
Curious news has appeared of an interesting new feature that Microsoft are reportedly including in their next PC operating system.
According to different reports Windows 8 will include support for playing Xbox 360 games on your home PC.
Engadget has uncovered references to the Xbox 360 in a leaked snippet of Windows 8 kernel code whereas Insideris has uncovered rumours that Microsoft will be bringing 360 games to the PC but there are no plans for cross-platform multiplayer.
With Microsoft already integrating Games for Windows Live into Xbox.com them building Xbox 360 game support into Windows 8 is not outside the realms of possibility.
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online