360 games to be playable with Windows 8?
Curious news has appeared of an interesting new feature that Microsoft are reportedly including in their next PC operating system.
According to different reports Windows 8 will include support for playing Xbox 360 games on your home PC.
Engadget has uncovered references to the Xbox 360 in a leaked snippet of Windows 8 kernel code whereas Insideris has uncovered rumours that Microsoft will be bringing 360 games to the PC but there are no plans for cross-platform multiplayer.
With Microsoft already integrating Games for Windows Live into Xbox.com them building Xbox 360 game support into Windows 8 is not outside the realms of possibility.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3