360 games to be playable with Windows 8?
Curious news has appeared of an interesting new feature that Microsoft are reportedly including in their next PC operating system.
According to different reports Windows 8 will include support for playing Xbox 360 games on your home PC.
Engadget has uncovered references to the Xbox 360 in a leaked snippet of Windows 8 kernel code whereas Insideris has uncovered rumours that Microsoft will be bringing 360 games to the PC but there are no plans for cross-platform multiplayer.
With Microsoft already integrating Games for Windows Live into Xbox.com them building Xbox 360 game support into Windows 8 is not outside the realms of possibility.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes