German censors pass Gears of War 3 for sale
German censors (BPJM) seem to have relaxed their view on the content of the Gears of War series and passed Gears 3 for sale without any cuts.
Gears and Gears 2 were classified 'List A' meaning that while it's not illegal to sell them they are not allowed to be displayed in stores and advertising is also forbidden.
Most major retailers avoid stocking 'List A' titles which means that, despite Germany being one of the largest markets in Europe, any games on the list do fairly poorly there.
The BPJM has not given any reason for their change of heart saying only that they saw "no relevance" for banning Gears of War 3.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO