German censors pass Gears of War 3 for sale
German censors (BPJM) seem to have relaxed their view on the content of the Gears of War series and passed Gears 3 for sale without any cuts.
Gears and Gears 2 were classified 'List A' meaning that while it's not illegal to sell them they are not allowed to be displayed in stores and advertising is also forbidden.
Most major retailers avoid stocking 'List A' titles which means that, despite Germany being one of the largest markets in Europe, any games on the list do fairly poorly there.
The BPJM has not given any reason for their change of heart saying only that they saw "no relevance" for banning Gears of War 3.
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access