Is Sony phasing out component HD support on the PS3?
Sony may be phasing out support for component outputs on the PS3 according to the latest reports.
The latest version of the PS3 which begins to ship to US retailers later this week now requires an HDMI cable in order to watch blu-rays or play games in HD.
A Kotaku report suggests that this will only affect the new models of the PS3 as the old models will not be updated to remove the component HD support.
The change is caused by alterations in the AACS content protection system which limits component output to 480i/576i.
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access