Is Sony phasing out component HD support on the PS3?
Sony may be phasing out support for component outputs on the PS3 according to the latest reports.
The latest version of the PS3 which begins to ship to US retailers later this week now requires an HDMI cable in order to watch blu-rays or play games in HD.
A Kotaku report suggests that this will only affect the new models of the PS3 as the old models will not be updated to remove the component HD support.
The change is caused by alterations in the AACS content protection system which limits component output to 480i/576i.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey