Is Sony phasing out component HD support on the PS3?
Sony may be phasing out support for component outputs on the PS3 according to the latest reports.
The latest version of the PS3 which begins to ship to US retailers later this week now requires an HDMI cable in order to watch blu-rays or play games in HD.
A Kotaku report suggests that this will only affect the new models of the PS3 as the old models will not be updated to remove the component HD support.
The change is caused by alterations in the AACS content protection system which limits component output to 480i/576i.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer