Is Sony phasing out component HD support on the PS3?
Sony may be phasing out support for component outputs on the PS3 according to the latest reports.
The latest version of the PS3 which begins to ship to US retailers later this week now requires an HDMI cable in order to watch blu-rays or play games in HD.
A Kotaku report suggests that this will only affect the new models of the PS3 as the old models will not be updated to remove the component HD support.
The change is caused by alterations in the AACS content protection system which limits component output to 480i/576i.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date