Is Sony phasing out component HD support on the PS3?
Sony may be phasing out support for component outputs on the PS3 according to the latest reports.
The latest version of the PS3 which begins to ship to US retailers later this week now requires an HDMI cable in order to watch blu-rays or play games in HD.
A Kotaku report suggests that this will only affect the new models of the PS3 as the old models will not be updated to remove the component HD support.
The change is caused by alterations in the AACS content protection system which limits component output to 480i/576i.
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014