2K Marin vets form Uppercut Games and unveil new iOS shooter title Epoch
Two of the members of the team at 2K Marin who worked on the new X-COM FPS reboot have left the studio to open their own indie developer Uppercut Games.
The former art director, Andrew James and lead designer Ed Orman have formed Uppercut Games and are beginning to explore the possibilities for triple-A quality titles on the iPhone and iPad.
Uppercut's first game, Epoch is a sci-fi shooter that follows a revived robot soldier as he makes his way through a war torn city, fighting ot find out what has happened.
Epoch is described as a unique cinematic experience and is scheduled for release some time in the fourth quarter of 2011.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer