2011 is the year of the core says Levine
Ken Levine the head of Irrational Games believes firmly that core gaming is making a resurgence this year.
Levine reckons that the Wii U and the PS Vita are opening up new possibilities for core gaming namely gaming quietly in bed while your wife is asleep.
He began: "It's a great year for the core coming back and saying, okay, have your touch screens, have your motion control, we'll try to make that work, and if you can pull that off it'll be really good. But I want to have my cake and eat it too, I think these experiences are starting to allow that to happen."
Levine expanded: "I've always had to sacrifice that core gaming experience when I lie in bed playing games. We're now getting to a place with Vita and what Nintendo's doing where that's not necessarily going to be the case, where you can play full-on hardcore games in bed with the lights out while your wife's asleep. That means a lot to me."
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon