2011 is the year of the core says Levine
Ken Levine the head of Irrational Games believes firmly that core gaming is making a resurgence this year.
Levine reckons that the Wii U and the PS Vita are opening up new possibilities for core gaming namely gaming quietly in bed while your wife is asleep.
He began: "It's a great year for the core coming back and saying, okay, have your touch screens, have your motion control, we'll try to make that work, and if you can pull that off it'll be really good. But I want to have my cake and eat it too, I think these experiences are starting to allow that to happen."
Levine expanded: "I've always had to sacrifice that core gaming experience when I lie in bed playing games. We're now getting to a place with Vita and what Nintendo's doing where that's not necessarily going to be the case, where you can play full-on hardcore games in bed with the lights out while your wife's asleep. That means a lot to me."
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO