Blizzard aiming to have Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls beta before the year is out
Blizzard has announced that they plan to begin rolling out a closed beta test of the first Diablo III expansion Reaper Of Souls.
Reaper Of Souls is an immensely complex proposal and Blizzard will be hoping to get things perfect before launch to avoid the kind of issues that Diablo III experienced at launch back in 2012. Invitations to the Reaper Of Souls are extremely limited due to the fact that the initial beta will feature all of the content for the expansion minus the final boss battle.
Blizzard's 'Friends and Family Beta' which is extended to friends and family of the developers and some media contacts and key Blizzard community members is already up and running and they plan to extend the beta towards the end of the year.
A post on Battle.net explained the situation, "Our Friends and Family Beta is just the first step of public testing, and by the end of the year we will be moving into Closed Beta. Since our Reaper of Souls Closed Beta test will also feature all content in the expansion (again, excluding the final boss fight), invitations will be extremely limited. However, we'll continue handpicking community members to invite to the Closed Beta and bringing in additional players through opt-ins to ensure that all of our features like the Crusader, Mystic, and Adventure Mode get the testing they deserve."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year