Blizzard aiming to have Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls beta before the year is out
Blizzard has announced that they plan to begin rolling out a closed beta test of the first Diablo III expansion Reaper Of Souls.
Reaper Of Souls is an immensely complex proposal and Blizzard will be hoping to get things perfect before launch to avoid the kind of issues that Diablo III experienced at launch back in 2012. Invitations to the Reaper Of Souls are extremely limited due to the fact that the initial beta will feature all of the content for the expansion minus the final boss battle.
Blizzard's 'Friends and Family Beta' which is extended to friends and family of the developers and some media contacts and key Blizzard community members is already up and running and they plan to extend the beta towards the end of the year.
A post on Battle.net explained the situation, "Our Friends and Family Beta is just the first step of public testing, and by the end of the year we will be moving into Closed Beta. Since our Reaper of Souls Closed Beta test will also feature all content in the expansion (again, excluding the final boss fight), invitations will be extremely limited. However, we'll continue handpicking community members to invite to the Closed Beta and bringing in additional players through opt-ins to ensure that all of our features like the Crusader, Mystic, and Adventure Mode get the testing they deserve."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny