Battlefield 3 not coming to Steam?
EA has published the list of digital retailers that will be offering Battlefield 3 to download on the PC.
The list includes the usual suspects like GamersGate and Direct2Drive but Steam is conspiculously absent from that list.
The list has now been pulled from the internet but Steam's absence from the list adds credence to the perceived friction between EA and Valve after the launch and subsequent pulling of Crysis 2 from Steam.
EA explained their portfolio's online availability: "When a download service forbids publishers from contacting players with patches, new levels, items and other services - it disrupts our ability to provide the ongoing support players expect from us. At present, this is the case with only one download service. While EA offers its entire portfolio to this site, they have elected to not post many of our games. We hope to find a mutually agreeable solution to this issue soon."
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III