Battlefield 3 not coming to Steam?
EA has published the list of digital retailers that will be offering Battlefield 3 to download on the PC.
The list includes the usual suspects like GamersGate and Direct2Drive but Steam is conspiculously absent from that list.
The list has now been pulled from the internet but Steam's absence from the list adds credence to the perceived friction between EA and Valve after the launch and subsequent pulling of Crysis 2 from Steam.
EA explained their portfolio's online availability: "When a download service forbids publishers from contacting players with patches, new levels, items and other services - it disrupts our ability to provide the ongoing support players expect from us. At present, this is the case with only one download service. While EA offers its entire portfolio to this site, they have elected to not post many of our games. We hope to find a mutually agreeable solution to this issue soon."
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today
- Over 2000 developers sign an open letter calling for the community to take a stand against harassment
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer