Battlefield 3 not coming to Steam?
EA has published the list of digital retailers that will be offering Battlefield 3 to download on the PC.
The list includes the usual suspects like GamersGate and Direct2Drive but Steam is conspiculously absent from that list.
The list has now been pulled from the internet but Steam's absence from the list adds credence to the perceived friction between EA and Valve after the launch and subsequent pulling of Crysis 2 from Steam.
EA explained their portfolio's online availability: "When a download service forbids publishers from contacting players with patches, new levels, items and other services - it disrupts our ability to provide the ongoing support players expect from us. At present, this is the case with only one download service. While EA offers its entire portfolio to this site, they have elected to not post many of our games. We hope to find a mutually agreeable solution to this issue soon."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3