Battlefield 3 not coming to Steam?
EA has published the list of digital retailers that will be offering Battlefield 3 to download on the PC.
The list includes the usual suspects like GamersGate and Direct2Drive but Steam is conspiculously absent from that list.
The list has now been pulled from the internet but Steam's absence from the list adds credence to the perceived friction between EA and Valve after the launch and subsequent pulling of Crysis 2 from Steam.
EA explained their portfolio's online availability: "When a download service forbids publishers from contacting players with patches, new levels, items and other services - it disrupts our ability to provide the ongoing support players expect from us. At present, this is the case with only one download service. While EA offers its entire portfolio to this site, they have elected to not post many of our games. We hope to find a mutually agreeable solution to this issue soon."
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan