Wii U is a cool stop gap console says Gearbox
The co-founder of Gearbox, Brian Martel seems to be very enthusiastic about the possibilities presented by the Wii U even if he used a slightly unfortunate turn of phrase.
Martel described the Wii U as a "cool stop gap console" a phrase which conjures up images of SEGA's pioneering yet ultimately ill-fated final home console, the Dreamcast.
He enthused: "We think it's going to be a really cool stop-gap in between this generation and the next generation. We think it's really smart of Nintendo, and the fact that as a platform it's a lot more capable for hardcore first-person shooter-style gaming for us that's fantastic."
Speaking about Aliens: Colonial Marines more specifically he added: "So the obvious thing for us is that we can do the motion tracker, or the sentry gun information all that kind of stuff. That stuff is really sexy for us. Getting the information off the screen and onto this device is a fantastic idea, right? So can we have a HUD-less environment? Yeah, probably. That would be fantastic, right?"
The Wii U is out next year an already boasts a fairly impressive array of third part support well in excess of the support the Wii received when it launched.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light