Wii U is a cool stop gap console says Gearbox
The co-founder of Gearbox, Brian Martel seems to be very enthusiastic about the possibilities presented by the Wii U even if he used a slightly unfortunate turn of phrase.
Martel described the Wii U as a "cool stop gap console" a phrase which conjures up images of SEGA's pioneering yet ultimately ill-fated final home console, the Dreamcast.
He enthused: "We think it's going to be a really cool stop-gap in between this generation and the next generation. We think it's really smart of Nintendo, and the fact that as a platform it's a lot more capable for hardcore first-person shooter-style gaming for us that's fantastic."
Speaking about Aliens: Colonial Marines more specifically he added: "So the obvious thing for us is that we can do the motion tracker, or the sentry gun information all that kind of stuff. That stuff is really sexy for us. Getting the information off the screen and onto this device is a fantastic idea, right? So can we have a HUD-less environment? Yeah, probably. That would be fantastic, right?"
The Wii U is out next year an already boasts a fairly impressive array of third part support well in excess of the support the Wii received when it launched.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update