Wii U is a cool stop gap console says Gearbox
The co-founder of Gearbox, Brian Martel seems to be very enthusiastic about the possibilities presented by the Wii U even if he used a slightly unfortunate turn of phrase.
Martel described the Wii U as a "cool stop gap console" a phrase which conjures up images of SEGA's pioneering yet ultimately ill-fated final home console, the Dreamcast.
He enthused: "We think it's going to be a really cool stop-gap in between this generation and the next generation. We think it's really smart of Nintendo, and the fact that as a platform it's a lot more capable for hardcore first-person shooter-style gaming for us that's fantastic."
Speaking about Aliens: Colonial Marines more specifically he added: "So the obvious thing for us is that we can do the motion tracker, or the sentry gun information all that kind of stuff. That stuff is really sexy for us. Getting the information off the screen and onto this device is a fantastic idea, right? So can we have a HUD-less environment? Yeah, probably. That would be fantastic, right?"
The Wii U is out next year an already boasts a fairly impressive array of third part support well in excess of the support the Wii received when it launched.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold