Resistance 3 becomes the first Sony game to use an online pass
Sony has joined the growing pool of publishers that are using an online pass system to monetise pre-owned sales of their games.
The new PSN Pass system to be introduced with Resistance 3 will be a one use code that will allow first time buyers access to online features and DLC that pre-owned buyers will need to pay for.
This is almost identical to the online pass systems employed by EA, THQ and, most recently, Codemasters.
Sony said: "Starting with Resistance 3 this September, we will be instituting a network pass program for PS3 games with online capabilities."
Thanks Develop Online.
- Sleeping Dogs follow-up Triad Wars is a PC-only online title
- Latest Destiny patch dials back the difficulty levels in some missions
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op reveal dated for tomorrow
- Blizzard finally cans Titan
- The Xbox One is now cheaper than the PS4 in the UK
- Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies open beta is live now
- Ultima creator's new game Shroud Of The Avatar gets Greenlit on Steam in just 2 days
- Arrowhead's Gauntlet reboot arrives on PC
- We are now a Steam Curator