Resistance 3 becomes the first Sony game to use an online pass
Sony has joined the growing pool of publishers that are using an online pass system to monetise pre-owned sales of their games.
The new PSN Pass system to be introduced with Resistance 3 will be a one use code that will allow first time buyers access to online features and DLC that pre-owned buyers will need to pay for.
This is almost identical to the online pass systems employed by EA, THQ and, most recently, Codemasters.
Sony said: "Starting with Resistance 3 this September, we will be instituting a network pass program for PS3 games with online capabilities."
Thanks Develop Online.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer