Resistance 3 becomes the first Sony game to use an online pass
Sony has joined the growing pool of publishers that are using an online pass system to monetise pre-owned sales of their games.
The new PSN Pass system to be introduced with Resistance 3 will be a one use code that will allow first time buyers access to online features and DLC that pre-owned buyers will need to pay for.
This is almost identical to the online pass systems employed by EA, THQ and, most recently, Codemasters.
Sony said: "Starting with Resistance 3 this September, we will be instituting a network pass program for PS3 games with online capabilities."
Thanks Develop Online.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine