Resistance 3 becomes the first Sony game to use an online pass
Sony has joined the growing pool of publishers that are using an online pass system to monetise pre-owned sales of their games.
The new PSN Pass system to be introduced with Resistance 3 will be a one use code that will allow first time buyers access to online features and DLC that pre-owned buyers will need to pay for.
This is almost identical to the online pass systems employed by EA, THQ and, most recently, Codemasters.
Sony said: "Starting with Resistance 3 this September, we will be instituting a network pass program for PS3 games with online capabilities."
Thanks Develop Online.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto