Resistance 3 becomes the first Sony game to use an online pass
Sony has joined the growing pool of publishers that are using an online pass system to monetise pre-owned sales of their games.
The new PSN Pass system to be introduced with Resistance 3 will be a one use code that will allow first time buyers access to online features and DLC that pre-owned buyers will need to pay for.
This is almost identical to the online pass systems employed by EA, THQ and, most recently, Codemasters.
Sony said: "Starting with Resistance 3 this September, we will be instituting a network pass program for PS3 games with online capabilities."
Thanks Develop Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3