More than half of UK nationals consider themselves gamers
A new survey has shown that more than half of British nationals consider themselves to be gamers.
The survey conducted by games market research firm NewZoo found that 52 percent of Brits have confessed to being gamers.
British gamers play for around 43 million hours every month with 21 percent of this conducted on consoles, 18 percent spent gaming on social networks and 17 percent playing casual games.
The study also estimated that 1.6 billion GBP would be spent on console gameing in the UK in 2011.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent