More than half of UK nationals consider themselves gamers
A new survey has shown that more than half of British nationals consider themselves to be gamers.
The survey conducted by games market research firm NewZoo found that 52 percent of Brits have confessed to being gamers.
British gamers play for around 43 million hours every month with 21 percent of this conducted on consoles, 18 percent spent gaming on social networks and 17 percent playing casual games.
The study also estimated that 1.6 billion GBP would be spent on console gameing in the UK in 2011.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny