DICE: We're not trying to compete with Call of Duty with Battlefield 3
DICE's Patrick Bach has stated that they are not purposefully chasing Call of Duty with their new shooter Battlefield 3.
Bach insisted that they are trying to do their own thing with the stunning new military shooter although he admitted that they will undoubtedly draw comparisons.
He explained to Edge: "Honestly, we're not trying to go after CoD. Of course there will be crossover - it's a first-person shooter, it's modern-day, and there are resemblances on locations, even - we're all inspired by the same media and the world around us. But to be a star you need to play your own songs."
"We have so many things in our game that aren't a part of Modern Warfare," Bach added. "So it really comes down to personal preference. You choose based on the depth you want, the maturity level, your own personal taste... it's all about how you get your fix."
Battlefield 3 is out on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on October the 25th. Read our preview to see what we thought of it when DICE showed it to us earlier this year.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III