PS4 could appear next year with Kinect-like controller?
A rumour has surfaced that Sony may be preparing to launch a successor to the PS3 as soon as 2012.
The rumour suggests that the PlayStation 4 could arrive in 2012 and may feature a Kinect-like device and Sony are preparing an initial shipment of 20 million units.
Jack Tretton recently played down any talk of the PS4 coming any time soon following Nintendo's unveiling of the Wii U at this year's E3.
He said: "What we've seen from the competition is trying to add features that already exist in PlayStation 3. I wouldn't look for any discussion of a next generation PlayStation for quite some time."
There has also been rumours that Microsoft will unveil their next generation of home console hardware at E3 in 2012.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year