PS4 could appear next year with Kinect-like controller?
A rumour has surfaced that Sony may be preparing to launch a successor to the PS3 as soon as 2012.
The rumour suggests that the PlayStation 4 could arrive in 2012 and may feature a Kinect-like device and Sony are preparing an initial shipment of 20 million units.
Jack Tretton recently played down any talk of the PS4 coming any time soon following Nintendo's unveiling of the Wii U at this year's E3.
He said: "What we've seen from the competition is trying to add features that already exist in PlayStation 3. I wouldn't look for any discussion of a next generation PlayStation for quite some time."
There has also been rumours that Microsoft will unveil their next generation of home console hardware at E3 in 2012.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3