PS4 could appear next year with Kinect-like controller?
A rumour has surfaced that Sony may be preparing to launch a successor to the PS3 as soon as 2012.
The rumour suggests that the PlayStation 4 could arrive in 2012 and may feature a Kinect-like device and Sony are preparing an initial shipment of 20 million units.
Jack Tretton recently played down any talk of the PS4 coming any time soon following Nintendo's unveiling of the Wii U at this year's E3.
He said: "What we've seen from the competition is trying to add features that already exist in PlayStation 3. I wouldn't look for any discussion of a next generation PlayStation for quite some time."
There has also been rumours that Microsoft will unveil their next generation of home console hardware at E3 in 2012.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer