PS4 could appear next year with Kinect-like controller?
A rumour has surfaced that Sony may be preparing to launch a successor to the PS3 as soon as 2012.
The rumour suggests that the PlayStation 4 could arrive in 2012 and may feature a Kinect-like device and Sony are preparing an initial shipment of 20 million units.
Jack Tretton recently played down any talk of the PS4 coming any time soon following Nintendo's unveiling of the Wii U at this year's E3.
He said: "What we've seen from the competition is trying to add features that already exist in PlayStation 3. I wouldn't look for any discussion of a next generation PlayStation for quite some time."
There has also been rumours that Microsoft will unveil their next generation of home console hardware at E3 in 2012.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One