PS4 could appear next year with Kinect-like controller?
A rumour has surfaced that Sony may be preparing to launch a successor to the PS3 as soon as 2012.
The rumour suggests that the PlayStation 4 could arrive in 2012 and may feature a Kinect-like device and Sony are preparing an initial shipment of 20 million units.
Jack Tretton recently played down any talk of the PS4 coming any time soon following Nintendo's unveiling of the Wii U at this year's E3.
He said: "What we've seen from the competition is trying to add features that already exist in PlayStation 3. I wouldn't look for any discussion of a next generation PlayStation for quite some time."
There has also been rumours that Microsoft will unveil their next generation of home console hardware at E3 in 2012.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes