Id Software endorses GeForce 6 series
With new graphics hardware featuring NVIDIA's brand-spanking new GeForce 6 series technology currently being reported online by all and sundry, the hardware manufacturer's cause will have been boosted immensely by today's statement from id technical whiz John Carmack. "As DOOM 3 development winds to a close, my work has turned to development of the next generation rendering technology," commented Carmack. "The NV40 is my platform of choice due to its support of very long fragment programs, generalised floating point blending and filtering, and the extremely high performance."
So there you have it - NVIDIA's latest is a safe bet for those planning a Doom 3 gaming rig. Indeed, NVIDIA's new hardware certainly talks a good piece of kit, boasting blazing performance the company claims marks "the biggest generation-to-generation performance leap that we have ever seen with a new GPU," according to the firm's Jen-Hsun Huang.
"In addition to the raw performance increase, we had two fundamental strategies with the 6800 models. First was to take programmability to the next level with the industry's only GPU with Shader Model 3.0. Second was to extend the reach of GPUs to the consumer electronics market with a powerful and fully-programmable video processor capable of multiple video formats and 'prosumer' level image processing," added the CEO and President.
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015
- The PS4 is just a bit more powerful says Metro Redux developer, short documentary on the collection arrives