Disgraced Andy Gray replaced by Alan Smith in the FIFA 12 commentary box
EA Sports has announced a new voice for the commentary box in this year's edition of FIFA.
Former England striker Alan Smith will replace the dulcet tones of disgraced commentator Andy Gray after he was sacked from Sky Sports after being recorded making sexist comments about a female referee during an break in a transmission.
FIFA 12 senior producer David Rutter put a more positive spin on the change saying: "Alan will bring a fresh, new perspective and insight to FIFA 12, working alongside the trusted and well-known voice of Martin Tyler. As one of the top-tier broadcasters on the UK football scene, he brings enormous knowledge and expert analysis to the game so that we can deliver the most authentic FIFA experience this year."
Smith added: "The natural chemistry that Martin and I have developed working live matches for TV has transferred very well to the virtual broadcast booth. Im really looking forward to FIFA fans hearing our work this fall as we bring all the match day emotion and excitement to this years game."
FIFA 12 is due out on almost every current format on Spetember the 27th in the US and September the 30th world wide.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year