Kingpin sequel sighted
Back in the day when the PC was still the number one gaming platform, the FPS reigned supreme, one such title to grace our screens was Xatrix's dark and mature shooter Kingpin, a seedy romp through the New York underworld dripping in atmosphere and brutality, set to a Cyprus Hill soundtrack. All this in the day's before Max Payne too (1999 to be precise), and its unsurprising it was well received in the most part.
Well despite Xatrix collapsing and the team leaving to form Gray Matter (Return to Castle Wolfenstein), a recent spot on an Interplay financial report reveals that Kingpin 2 is currently in development (we don't know where), and that it should be released on the PC and Xbox. An intriguing prospect indeed. We'll keep track of all this excitement for you.
In the same conference call, Interplay also revealed that sequels to Exalted, Fallout and Dark Alliance are being planned at the publisher, hopefully we'll learn more at E3 next month.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like