Kaos GM David Votypka defects to Ubisoft
The general manager of axed Homefront developer Kaos Studios, David Votypka has taken up a new position with Ubisoft instead of moving his Kaos team to parent THQ's new Montreal super-studio.
Votypka's LinkedIn profile has been updated to show that he is now the creative director at Red Storm in North Carolina, the studio that handles the Rainbow Six series.
Earlier this year Votypka strongly denied the rumours that Kaos would close after Homefront was completed. This month THQ announced that the New York-based Kaos Studios would be closed with THQ Montreal taking over development on Homefront.
Votypka's move to Ubisoft is the latest action in a long line of rivalry between THQ and Ubisoft that began when former Assassin's Creed creative director announced that he would be leaving Ubisoft Montreal for THQ's new Montreal studio. He also attempted to court key members of his Ubisoft team which resulted in Ubisoft taking out a restraining order on THQ preventing them from attempting to lure staff away.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today