Kaos GM David Votypka defects to Ubisoft
The general manager of axed Homefront developer Kaos Studios, David Votypka has taken up a new position with Ubisoft instead of moving his Kaos team to parent THQ's new Montreal super-studio.
Votypka's LinkedIn profile has been updated to show that he is now the creative director at Red Storm in North Carolina, the studio that handles the Rainbow Six series.
Earlier this year Votypka strongly denied the rumours that Kaos would close after Homefront was completed. This month THQ announced that the New York-based Kaos Studios would be closed with THQ Montreal taking over development on Homefront.
Votypka's move to Ubisoft is the latest action in a long line of rivalry between THQ and Ubisoft that began when former Assassin's Creed creative director announced that he would be leaving Ubisoft Montreal for THQ's new Montreal studio. He also attempted to court key members of his Ubisoft team which resulted in Ubisoft taking out a restraining order on THQ preventing them from attempting to lure staff away.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3