Kaos GM David Votypka defects to Ubisoft
The general manager of axed Homefront developer Kaos Studios, David Votypka has taken up a new position with Ubisoft instead of moving his Kaos team to parent THQ's new Montreal super-studio.
Votypka's LinkedIn profile has been updated to show that he is now the creative director at Red Storm in North Carolina, the studio that handles the Rainbow Six series.
Earlier this year Votypka strongly denied the rumours that Kaos would close after Homefront was completed. This month THQ announced that the New York-based Kaos Studios would be closed with THQ Montreal taking over development on Homefront.
Votypka's move to Ubisoft is the latest action in a long line of rivalry between THQ and Ubisoft that began when former Assassin's Creed creative director announced that he would be leaving Ubisoft Montreal for THQ's new Montreal studio. He also attempted to court key members of his Ubisoft team which resulted in Ubisoft taking out a restraining order on THQ preventing them from attempting to lure staff away.
Thanks Develop Online.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below