Kaos GM David Votypka defects to Ubisoft
The general manager of axed Homefront developer Kaos Studios, David Votypka has taken up a new position with Ubisoft instead of moving his Kaos team to parent THQ's new Montreal super-studio.
Votypka's LinkedIn profile has been updated to show that he is now the creative director at Red Storm in North Carolina, the studio that handles the Rainbow Six series.
Earlier this year Votypka strongly denied the rumours that Kaos would close after Homefront was completed. This month THQ announced that the New York-based Kaos Studios would be closed with THQ Montreal taking over development on Homefront.
Votypka's move to Ubisoft is the latest action in a long line of rivalry between THQ and Ubisoft that began when former Assassin's Creed creative director announced that he would be leaving Ubisoft Montreal for THQ's new Montreal studio. He also attempted to court key members of his Ubisoft team which resulted in Ubisoft taking out a restraining order on THQ preventing them from attempting to lure staff away.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One