Kaos GM David Votypka defects to Ubisoft
The general manager of axed Homefront developer Kaos Studios, David Votypka has taken up a new position with Ubisoft instead of moving his Kaos team to parent THQ's new Montreal super-studio.
Votypka's LinkedIn profile has been updated to show that he is now the creative director at Red Storm in North Carolina, the studio that handles the Rainbow Six series.
Earlier this year Votypka strongly denied the rumours that Kaos would close after Homefront was completed. This month THQ announced that the New York-based Kaos Studios would be closed with THQ Montreal taking over development on Homefront.
Votypka's move to Ubisoft is the latest action in a long line of rivalry between THQ and Ubisoft that began when former Assassin's Creed creative director announced that he would be leaving Ubisoft Montreal for THQ's new Montreal studio. He also attempted to court key members of his Ubisoft team which resulted in Ubisoft taking out a restraining order on THQ preventing them from attempting to lure staff away.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Underworld Ascendant makes its Kickstarter goal with room to spare
- Rare is 30, has something special coming in recognition of the anniversary
- Destiny will get one more update before House Of Wolves arrives
- Warner Bros to bring DC MOBA Infinite Crisis to Steam
- Gabe Newell: No-one gets motion-sick with the Vive VR headset
- NPCs can now be mugged in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016