Pachter: I expect the PS4 around 2014
Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter has been laying down his predictions for when Sony will be releasing their next console.
Pachter said that he reckons that Sony will be watching the success of the Wii U before they finalise what the specs of the PlayStation4 meaning that they won't reveal the machine until 2013 at the earliest.
He said: "I think it's unlikely [that PS4 will be announced in 2012]. Wii U isn't going to pressure anyone, it's Nintendo's catch up to this cycle, and the other guys are going to see if the tablet integration is worth copying first. That means nobody is going to finalize specs till they see if Wii U succeeds. I am sticking to 2014, so an 'unveil' in 2013."
Sony's Jack Tretton recently said that they have no plans to announce a new home console any time soon.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III