Pachter: I expect the PS4 around 2014
Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter has been laying down his predictions for when Sony will be releasing their next console.
Pachter said that he reckons that Sony will be watching the success of the Wii U before they finalise what the specs of the PlayStation4 meaning that they won't reveal the machine until 2013 at the earliest.
He said: "I think it's unlikely [that PS4 will be announced in 2012]. Wii U isn't going to pressure anyone, it's Nintendo's catch up to this cycle, and the other guys are going to see if the tablet integration is worth copying first. That means nobody is going to finalize specs till they see if Wii U succeeds. I am sticking to 2014, so an 'unveil' in 2013."
Sony's Jack Tretton recently said that they have no plans to announce a new home console any time soon.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015