Gearbox only got Wii U devkits 2 months before E3
Gearbox Software has confessed that they only got their hands on the Wii U development kits two months before E3.
Even so Aliens: Colonial Marines producer Brian Burleson said that using the Unreal Engine has made it really easy to port the game over to Nintendo's new hardware from the existing HD consoles.
Burleson said: "We didn't get the hardware for the Wii U until a couple of months ago, and we've been working on it since. The software, it's pretty easy to work on, so that makes things a lot easier. When you already have something working, especially on the Unreal Engine, it's a pretty basic, straightforward port at that point. Unreal makes it easier to do that, for sure."
He added: "It's too early too early to talk about the specifics on that [Wii U functionality], because we've just got things working. We'll talk more about what that's going to be and what's going on in the future. But the goal is always to make it... for all the platforms to be the same. It really sucks to have a game be nerfed on one platform, or missing a feature on one platform. So the goal is always to make we're fully-featured, and that everything is the same experience. It [the game] runs on the console, and you can do some really cool stuff with it. We'll talk more about that in the future, but just think about the possibilities."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer