Portal 2 sells 3 million copies across all platforms
Valve has quietly slipped that their latest release, Portal 2, has managed to sell 3 million copies world wide.
The news came from Valve boss Gabe Newell as he spoke at the Games for Change event in New York City this week.
This will be the first time that Valve has really spoken about sales data relating to Steam and although the figures are most probably overall sales data for all formats selling 3 million copies in two months is not bad going.
It's also worth noting that as of Portal 2's mid-April release, the original Portal had sold somewhere in the region of 4 million copies making this milestone for Portal 2 even more impressive.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced