Portal 2 sells 3 million copies across all platforms
Valve has quietly slipped that their latest release, Portal 2, has managed to sell 3 million copies world wide.
The news came from Valve boss Gabe Newell as he spoke at the Games for Change event in New York City this week.
This will be the first time that Valve has really spoken about sales data relating to Steam and although the figures are most probably overall sales data for all formats selling 3 million copies in two months is not bad going.
It's also worth noting that as of Portal 2's mid-April release, the original Portal had sold somewhere in the region of 4 million copies making this milestone for Portal 2 even more impressive.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold