Portal 2 sells 3 million copies across all platforms
Valve has quietly slipped that their latest release, Portal 2, has managed to sell 3 million copies world wide.
The news came from Valve boss Gabe Newell as he spoke at the Games for Change event in New York City this week.
This will be the first time that Valve has really spoken about sales data relating to Steam and although the figures are most probably overall sales data for all formats selling 3 million copies in two months is not bad going.
It's also worth noting that as of Portal 2's mid-April release, the original Portal had sold somewhere in the region of 4 million copies making this milestone for Portal 2 even more impressive.
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access