Portal 2 sells 3 million copies across all platforms
Valve has quietly slipped that their latest release, Portal 2, has managed to sell 3 million copies world wide.
The news came from Valve boss Gabe Newell as he spoke at the Games for Change event in New York City this week.
This will be the first time that Valve has really spoken about sales data relating to Steam and although the figures are most probably overall sales data for all formats selling 3 million copies in two months is not bad going.
It's also worth noting that as of Portal 2's mid-April release, the original Portal had sold somewhere in the region of 4 million copies making this milestone for Portal 2 even more impressive.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year