Portal 2 sells 3 million copies across all platforms
Valve has quietly slipped that their latest release, Portal 2, has managed to sell 3 million copies world wide.
The news came from Valve boss Gabe Newell as he spoke at the Games for Change event in New York City this week.
This will be the first time that Valve has really spoken about sales data relating to Steam and although the figures are most probably overall sales data for all formats selling 3 million copies in two months is not bad going.
It's also worth noting that as of Portal 2's mid-April release, the original Portal had sold somewhere in the region of 4 million copies making this milestone for Portal 2 even more impressive.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today