Cliffy B itching to do something new
Epic Games' design boss Cliff Bleszinski has revealed that he has been thinking about doing something new for some time.
Bleszinski told IndustryGamers in a recent interview that he has been itching to work on some new IP after working on nothing but Gears of War since Unreal Tournament III was released.
He explained: "I've been itching for a while [to create something new]. When we finished Unreal Tournament I wanted to do another game. It's just a matter of opportunity and figuring things out. So all hands are on Gears right now, in the foreseeable future. But, we'll see how things go."
He added on their Raleigh studios: "That's one thing I know about Epic traditionally is if you're a body in Raleigh, you get sucked into the Gears vortex. That's why Chair's able to do Infinity Blade, because theyre in Utah. So that's one thing that we need to be sure of as a new developer. If we want to do a new Gears game, we need to be sure that we find a way to quarter off people that can work on different stuff. Who knows? We're just shipping Gears right now."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer