Cliffy B itching to do something new
Epic Games' design boss Cliff Bleszinski has revealed that he has been thinking about doing something new for some time.
Bleszinski told IndustryGamers in a recent interview that he has been itching to work on some new IP after working on nothing but Gears of War since Unreal Tournament III was released.
He explained: "I've been itching for a while [to create something new]. When we finished Unreal Tournament I wanted to do another game. It's just a matter of opportunity and figuring things out. So all hands are on Gears right now, in the foreseeable future. But, we'll see how things go."
He added on their Raleigh studios: "That's one thing I know about Epic traditionally is if you're a body in Raleigh, you get sucked into the Gears vortex. That's why Chair's able to do Infinity Blade, because theyre in Utah. So that's one thing that we need to be sure of as a new developer. If we want to do a new Gears game, we need to be sure that we find a way to quarter off people that can work on different stuff. Who knows? We're just shipping Gears right now."
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter