Cliffy B itching to do something new
Epic Games' design boss Cliff Bleszinski has revealed that he has been thinking about doing something new for some time.
Bleszinski told IndustryGamers in a recent interview that he has been itching to work on some new IP after working on nothing but Gears of War since Unreal Tournament III was released.
He explained: "I've been itching for a while [to create something new]. When we finished Unreal Tournament I wanted to do another game. It's just a matter of opportunity and figuring things out. So all hands are on Gears right now, in the foreseeable future. But, we'll see how things go."
He added on their Raleigh studios: "That's one thing I know about Epic traditionally is if you're a body in Raleigh, you get sucked into the Gears vortex. That's why Chair's able to do Infinity Blade, because theyre in Utah. So that's one thing that we need to be sure of as a new developer. If we want to do a new Gears game, we need to be sure that we find a way to quarter off people that can work on different stuff. Who knows? We're just shipping Gears right now."
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch