Cliffy B itching to do something new
Epic Games' design boss Cliff Bleszinski has revealed that he has been thinking about doing something new for some time.
Bleszinski told IndustryGamers in a recent interview that he has been itching to work on some new IP after working on nothing but Gears of War since Unreal Tournament III was released.
He explained: "I've been itching for a while [to create something new]. When we finished Unreal Tournament I wanted to do another game. It's just a matter of opportunity and figuring things out. So all hands are on Gears right now, in the foreseeable future. But, we'll see how things go."
He added on their Raleigh studios: "That's one thing I know about Epic traditionally is if you're a body in Raleigh, you get sucked into the Gears vortex. That's why Chair's able to do Infinity Blade, because theyre in Utah. So that's one thing that we need to be sure of as a new developer. If we want to do a new Gears game, we need to be sure that we find a way to quarter off people that can work on different stuff. Who knows? We're just shipping Gears right now."
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive