Cliffy B itching to do something new
Epic Games' design boss Cliff Bleszinski has revealed that he has been thinking about doing something new for some time.
Bleszinski told IndustryGamers in a recent interview that he has been itching to work on some new IP after working on nothing but Gears of War since Unreal Tournament III was released.
He explained: "I've been itching for a while [to create something new]. When we finished Unreal Tournament I wanted to do another game. It's just a matter of opportunity and figuring things out. So all hands are on Gears right now, in the foreseeable future. But, we'll see how things go."
He added on their Raleigh studios: "That's one thing I know about Epic traditionally is if you're a body in Raleigh, you get sucked into the Gears vortex. That's why Chair's able to do Infinity Blade, because theyre in Utah. So that's one thing that we need to be sure of as a new developer. If we want to do a new Gears game, we need to be sure that we find a way to quarter off people that can work on different stuff. Who knows? We're just shipping Gears right now."
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent
- New video gives a sneak peek at Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below
- Sony claims “no evidence” of a breach after hacker group claims to have leaked PSN account details online