Just Cause developer expects new console hardware generation beginning in 2014
Avalanche, the studio behind the Just Cause series has revealed that they are expecting at least one next generation console to be out by early 2014.
Speaking on the launch of their new New York studio, Avalanche's David Grijns explained that the new studio which he heads will be working on a new triple-A title destined for "release on next-generation platforms in 2014."
He explained: "We obviously talk to everybody, and everybody talks to us. We have some intelligence to go on that, by early 2014, we're pretty sure there'll be at least one next-generation console on the market."
"When we say next-gen in the press release, it's really a reference to what we think the market will look like then. Anyone who says they know what the market is going to look like three years from now is just blowing smoke. Whatever happens, we feel very confident that we'll be ready for it," added Grijns.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer