Just Cause developer expects new console hardware generation beginning in 2014
Avalanche, the studio behind the Just Cause series has revealed that they are expecting at least one next generation console to be out by early 2014.
Speaking on the launch of their new New York studio, Avalanche's David Grijns explained that the new studio which he heads will be working on a new triple-A title destined for "release on next-generation platforms in 2014."
He explained: "We obviously talk to everybody, and everybody talks to us. We have some intelligence to go on that, by early 2014, we're pretty sure there'll be at least one next-generation console on the market."
"When we say next-gen in the press release, it's really a reference to what we think the market will look like then. Anyone who says they know what the market is going to look like three years from now is just blowing smoke. Whatever happens, we feel very confident that we'll be ready for it," added Grijns.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year