Just Cause developer expects new console hardware generation beginning in 2014
Avalanche, the studio behind the Just Cause series has revealed that they are expecting at least one next generation console to be out by early 2014.
Speaking on the launch of their new New York studio, Avalanche's David Grijns explained that the new studio which he heads will be working on a new triple-A title destined for "release on next-generation platforms in 2014."
He explained: "We obviously talk to everybody, and everybody talks to us. We have some intelligence to go on that, by early 2014, we're pretty sure there'll be at least one next-generation console on the market."
"When we say next-gen in the press release, it's really a reference to what we think the market will look like then. Anyone who says they know what the market is going to look like three years from now is just blowing smoke. Whatever happens, we feel very confident that we'll be ready for it," added Grijns.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year