Just Cause developer expects new console hardware generation beginning in 2014
Avalanche, the studio behind the Just Cause series has revealed that they are expecting at least one next generation console to be out by early 2014.
Speaking on the launch of their new New York studio, Avalanche's David Grijns explained that the new studio which he heads will be working on a new triple-A title destined for "release on next-generation platforms in 2014."
He explained: "We obviously talk to everybody, and everybody talks to us. We have some intelligence to go on that, by early 2014, we're pretty sure there'll be at least one next-generation console on the market."
"When we say next-gen in the press release, it's really a reference to what we think the market will look like then. Anyone who says they know what the market is going to look like three years from now is just blowing smoke. Whatever happens, we feel very confident that we'll be ready for it," added Grijns.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3