Just Cause developer expects new console hardware generation beginning in 2014
Avalanche, the studio behind the Just Cause series has revealed that they are expecting at least one next generation console to be out by early 2014.
Speaking on the launch of their new New York studio, Avalanche's David Grijns explained that the new studio which he heads will be working on a new triple-A title destined for "release on next-generation platforms in 2014."
He explained: "We obviously talk to everybody, and everybody talks to us. We have some intelligence to go on that, by early 2014, we're pretty sure there'll be at least one next-generation console on the market."
"When we say next-gen in the press release, it's really a reference to what we think the market will look like then. Anyone who says they know what the market is going to look like three years from now is just blowing smoke. Whatever happens, we feel very confident that we'll be ready for it," added Grijns.
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars
- Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
- You want hardcore difficulty? Pillars Of Eternity will delete your savegame when you die
- Destiny writer joins Telltale Game to work on the Game Of Thrones series
- Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015