Volition confesses a Rockstar influence in Saints Row
Volition, the studio behind the Saints Row series, has confessed that their work on their over-the-top open world series has been informed by rivals Rockstar Games.
Lead writer on Saints Row: The Third, Drew Holmes said that they've been looking at everything that the open-world genre has to offer in order to try and make the latest Saints Row game the best yet.
He said: "You have to look at every single open-world game that's out there in terms of the way that they're building out their world, creating an experience and engaging people."
Holmes added: "So I think all those open-world games that've been out; Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire... we're certainly looking at that and saying, 'what are those guys doing? What are the good and bad points?' We evaluate every single game that's out there - I think there's something you can learn from the market in terms of what we can learn from them, for both Saints Row 3 and future projects."
Saints Row: The Third is due out later this year on PS3, PC and Xbox 360.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto