Volition confesses a Rockstar influence in Saints Row
Volition, the studio behind the Saints Row series, has confessed that their work on their over-the-top open world series has been informed by rivals Rockstar Games.
Lead writer on Saints Row: The Third, Drew Holmes said that they've been looking at everything that the open-world genre has to offer in order to try and make the latest Saints Row game the best yet.
He said: "You have to look at every single open-world game that's out there in terms of the way that they're building out their world, creating an experience and engaging people."
Holmes added: "So I think all those open-world games that've been out; Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire... we're certainly looking at that and saying, 'what are those guys doing? What are the good and bad points?' We evaluate every single game that's out there - I think there's something you can learn from the market in terms of what we can learn from them, for both Saints Row 3 and future projects."
Saints Row: The Third is due out later this year on PS3, PC and Xbox 360.
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3