Volition confesses a Rockstar influence in Saints Row
Volition, the studio behind the Saints Row series, has confessed that their work on their over-the-top open world series has been informed by rivals Rockstar Games.
Lead writer on Saints Row: The Third, Drew Holmes said that they've been looking at everything that the open-world genre has to offer in order to try and make the latest Saints Row game the best yet.
He said: "You have to look at every single open-world game that's out there in terms of the way that they're building out their world, creating an experience and engaging people."
Holmes added: "So I think all those open-world games that've been out; Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire... we're certainly looking at that and saying, 'what are those guys doing? What are the good and bad points?' We evaluate every single game that's out there - I think there's something you can learn from the market in terms of what we can learn from them, for both Saints Row 3 and future projects."
Saints Row: The Third is due out later this year on PS3, PC and Xbox 360.
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light
- Don't Starve gets a release date for the Wii U
- Here's the trailer for the next episode of Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Bloodborne will see DLC before the end of the year
- CD Projekt RED addresses visual downgrade issues with The Witcher 3
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new trailer featuring the Nine Inch Nails
- This year's Need For Speed is bringing back the narrative
- No Bard's Tale IV on consoles, InXile not ruling it out though