Tretton plays down any talk of a PS4 coming soon
Sony Computer Entertainment America boss, Jack Tretton has announced that they have no plans to release a new console in the short term.
In an interview with Forbes Tretton explained that the PlayStation 3 was just hitting its stride and that it still has a long way to run.
He said: "PlayStation 3 is really just hitting its stride. And technologically, I don't think it's possible to provide any advancement beyond what we have."
Tretton added: "What we've seen from the competition is trying to add features that already exist in PlayStation 3. We invested heavily in that, we rolled a very heavy rock up a steep hill, through the launch period. But now I think that all pays off, and we've got a long run way behind it. So, I wouldn't look for any discussion of a next generation PlayStation for quite some time."
Rumour has it that rivals Microsoft already have development kits in place for their next generation of home console at Crytek and EA although both companies officially deny the leaked information.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey