Tretton plays down any talk of a PS4 coming soon
Sony Computer Entertainment America boss, Jack Tretton has announced that they have no plans to release a new console in the short term.
In an interview with Forbes Tretton explained that the PlayStation 3 was just hitting its stride and that it still has a long way to run.
He said: "PlayStation 3 is really just hitting its stride. And technologically, I don't think it's possible to provide any advancement beyond what we have."
Tretton added: "What we've seen from the competition is trying to add features that already exist in PlayStation 3. We invested heavily in that, we rolled a very heavy rock up a steep hill, through the launch period. But now I think that all pays off, and we've got a long run way behind it. So, I wouldn't look for any discussion of a next generation PlayStation for quite some time."
Rumour has it that rivals Microsoft already have development kits in place for their next generation of home console at Crytek and EA although both companies officially deny the leaked information.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III