Legend of Zelda Anniversary Collection idea was canned
Nintendo luminaries, Satoru Iwata and Shigeru Miyamoto have stated that they decided against doing a Legend of Zelda Anniversary Collection like they did for Mario last year.
Their reasoning was that they wanted to avoid repetition and with the 3DS version of Ocarina of Time, Four Swords coming as a free download on DSiWare and Skyward Sword, not to mention the special soundtrack CD coming for select Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword buyers and the series of commemorative concerts they were doing enough to celebrate Zelda's 25th anniversary.
Miyamoto also announced that they would be making a special edition gold Wiimote available with the launch of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword when it launches later this year.
The celebrations for the 25th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda series were announced by Shigeru Miyamoto accompanied by a chamber orchestra at this year's E3.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch