Legend of Zelda Anniversary Collection idea was canned
Nintendo luminaries, Satoru Iwata and Shigeru Miyamoto have stated that they decided against doing a Legend of Zelda Anniversary Collection like they did for Mario last year.
Their reasoning was that they wanted to avoid repetition and with the 3DS version of Ocarina of Time, Four Swords coming as a free download on DSiWare and Skyward Sword, not to mention the special soundtrack CD coming for select Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword buyers and the series of commemorative concerts they were doing enough to celebrate Zelda's 25th anniversary.
Miyamoto also announced that they would be making a special edition gold Wiimote available with the launch of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword when it launches later this year.
The celebrations for the 25th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda series were announced by Shigeru Miyamoto accompanied by a chamber orchestra at this year's E3.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week