Legend of Zelda Anniversary Collection idea was canned
Nintendo luminaries, Satoru Iwata and Shigeru Miyamoto have stated that they decided against doing a Legend of Zelda Anniversary Collection like they did for Mario last year.
Their reasoning was that they wanted to avoid repetition and with the 3DS version of Ocarina of Time, Four Swords coming as a free download on DSiWare and Skyward Sword, not to mention the special soundtrack CD coming for select Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword buyers and the series of commemorative concerts they were doing enough to celebrate Zelda's 25th anniversary.
Miyamoto also announced that they would be making a special edition gold Wiimote available with the launch of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword when it launches later this year.
The celebrations for the 25th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda series were announced by Shigeru Miyamoto accompanied by a chamber orchestra at this year's E3.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light