Legend of Zelda Anniversary Collection idea was canned
Nintendo luminaries, Satoru Iwata and Shigeru Miyamoto have stated that they decided against doing a Legend of Zelda Anniversary Collection like they did for Mario last year.
Their reasoning was that they wanted to avoid repetition and with the 3DS version of Ocarina of Time, Four Swords coming as a free download on DSiWare and Skyward Sword, not to mention the special soundtrack CD coming for select Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword buyers and the series of commemorative concerts they were doing enough to celebrate Zelda's 25th anniversary.
Miyamoto also announced that they would be making a special edition gold Wiimote available with the launch of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword when it launches later this year.
The celebrations for the 25th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda series were announced by Shigeru Miyamoto accompanied by a chamber orchestra at this year's E3.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey