Legend of Zelda Anniversary Collection idea was canned
Nintendo luminaries, Satoru Iwata and Shigeru Miyamoto have stated that they decided against doing a Legend of Zelda Anniversary Collection like they did for Mario last year.
Their reasoning was that they wanted to avoid repetition and with the 3DS version of Ocarina of Time, Four Swords coming as a free download on DSiWare and Skyward Sword, not to mention the special soundtrack CD coming for select Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword buyers and the series of commemorative concerts they were doing enough to celebrate Zelda's 25th anniversary.
Miyamoto also announced that they would be making a special edition gold Wiimote available with the launch of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword when it launches later this year.
The celebrations for the 25th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda series were announced by Shigeru Miyamoto accompanied by a chamber orchestra at this year's E3.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto