BioWare servers hacked
Yet more servers containing personal information have been hacked, this time at the Canadian Mass Effect developer BioWare.
It has been confirmed that Neverwinter Nights forum servers have been broken into and personal information for as much as 18,000 people has been stolen.
BioWare is the latest addition to an increasingly large list of developers/publishers that have fallen victim to hacking attacks since PSN was hacked in April.
GM of BioWare Edmonton, Aaryn Flynn said: "We take the security of your information very seriously and regret any inconvenience this may have caused you. We immediately took appropriate steps to protect our consumers data and launched an ongoing evaluation of the seriousness of the breach. However hackers may have obtained information such as user account names of approximately 18,000 accounts a very small percentage of total users."
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive