BioWare servers hacked
Yet more servers containing personal information have been hacked, this time at the Canadian Mass Effect developer BioWare.
It has been confirmed that Neverwinter Nights forum servers have been broken into and personal information for as much as 18,000 people has been stolen.
BioWare is the latest addition to an increasingly large list of developers/publishers that have fallen victim to hacking attacks since PSN was hacked in April.
GM of BioWare Edmonton, Aaryn Flynn said: "We take the security of your information very seriously and regret any inconvenience this may have caused you. We immediately took appropriate steps to protect our consumers data and launched an ongoing evaluation of the seriousness of the breach. However hackers may have obtained information such as user account names of approximately 18,000 accounts a very small percentage of total users."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey