BioWare servers hacked
Yet more servers containing personal information have been hacked, this time at the Canadian Mass Effect developer BioWare.
It has been confirmed that Neverwinter Nights forum servers have been broken into and personal information for as much as 18,000 people has been stolen.
BioWare is the latest addition to an increasingly large list of developers/publishers that have fallen victim to hacking attacks since PSN was hacked in April.
GM of BioWare Edmonton, Aaryn Flynn said: "We take the security of your information very seriously and regret any inconvenience this may have caused you. We immediately took appropriate steps to protect our consumers data and launched an ongoing evaluation of the seriousness of the breach. However hackers may have obtained information such as user account names of approximately 18,000 accounts a very small percentage of total users."
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO