BioWare servers hacked
Yet more servers containing personal information have been hacked, this time at the Canadian Mass Effect developer BioWare.
It has been confirmed that Neverwinter Nights forum servers have been broken into and personal information for as much as 18,000 people has been stolen.
BioWare is the latest addition to an increasingly large list of developers/publishers that have fallen victim to hacking attacks since PSN was hacked in April.
GM of BioWare Edmonton, Aaryn Flynn said: "We take the security of your information very seriously and regret any inconvenience this may have caused you. We immediately took appropriate steps to protect our consumers data and launched an ongoing evaluation of the seriousness of the breach. However hackers may have obtained information such as user account names of approximately 18,000 accounts a very small percentage of total users."
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced