360 not maxxed out says Cliff Bleszinski
Even after six years on the market Epic's design chief Cliff Bleszinski still believes that developers can wring more out of the Xbox 360.
If any indie studio knows what the capabilities of the Xbox 360 are then it's the Gears of War developer and Bleszinski believes that games like Gears 3 and Crystal Dynamics' new Tomb Raider title demonstrate that Microsoft's home console still has a few tricks up its sleeve.
He said: "Honestly  is a puzzle, a puzzle box. It's a matter of figuring out how to squeeze water from a stone at this stage in the generation. If you look at games like the new Tomb Raider, or look at Gears , these are games that weren't really possible when the consoles first came out. Only when the developers mastered what the console was capable of were they able to squeeze that much graphic power from it."
Bleszinski added: "I still think we can still squeeze some more out of it, right? It's a matter of optimising how you run your work flow and what you do with it."
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access