360 not maxxed out says Cliff Bleszinski
Even after six years on the market Epic's design chief Cliff Bleszinski still believes that developers can wring more out of the Xbox 360.
If any indie studio knows what the capabilities of the Xbox 360 are then it's the Gears of War developer and Bleszinski believes that games like Gears 3 and Crystal Dynamics' new Tomb Raider title demonstrate that Microsoft's home console still has a few tricks up its sleeve.
He said: "Honestly  is a puzzle, a puzzle box. It's a matter of figuring out how to squeeze water from a stone at this stage in the generation. If you look at games like the new Tomb Raider, or look at Gears , these are games that weren't really possible when the consoles first came out. Only when the developers mastered what the console was capable of were they able to squeeze that much graphic power from it."
Bleszinski added: "I still think we can still squeeze some more out of it, right? It's a matter of optimising how you run your work flow and what you do with it."
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan