360 not maxxed out says Cliff Bleszinski
Even after six years on the market Epic's design chief Cliff Bleszinski still believes that developers can wring more out of the Xbox 360.
If any indie studio knows what the capabilities of the Xbox 360 are then it's the Gears of War developer and Bleszinski believes that games like Gears 3 and Crystal Dynamics' new Tomb Raider title demonstrate that Microsoft's home console still has a few tricks up its sleeve.
He said: "Honestly  is a puzzle, a puzzle box. It's a matter of figuring out how to squeeze water from a stone at this stage in the generation. If you look at games like the new Tomb Raider, or look at Gears , these are games that weren't really possible when the consoles first came out. Only when the developers mastered what the console was capable of were they able to squeeze that much graphic power from it."
Bleszinski added: "I still think we can still squeeze some more out of it, right? It's a matter of optimising how you run your work flow and what you do with it."
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users