360 not maxxed out says Cliff Bleszinski
Even after six years on the market Epic's design chief Cliff Bleszinski still believes that developers can wring more out of the Xbox 360.
If any indie studio knows what the capabilities of the Xbox 360 are then it's the Gears of War developer and Bleszinski believes that games like Gears 3 and Crystal Dynamics' new Tomb Raider title demonstrate that Microsoft's home console still has a few tricks up its sleeve.
He said: "Honestly  is a puzzle, a puzzle box. It's a matter of figuring out how to squeeze water from a stone at this stage in the generation. If you look at games like the new Tomb Raider, or look at Gears , these are games that weren't really possible when the consoles first came out. Only when the developers mastered what the console was capable of were they able to squeeze that much graphic power from it."
Bleszinski added: "I still think we can still squeeze some more out of it, right? It's a matter of optimising how you run your work flow and what you do with it."
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider
- Microsoft accidentally leaks a “placeholder” release date for Halo: ODST remaster
- Shipment of copies of Splatoon robbed en-route to the UK
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell