360 not maxxed out says Cliff Bleszinski
Even after six years on the market Epic's design chief Cliff Bleszinski still believes that developers can wring more out of the Xbox 360.
If any indie studio knows what the capabilities of the Xbox 360 are then it's the Gears of War developer and Bleszinski believes that games like Gears 3 and Crystal Dynamics' new Tomb Raider title demonstrate that Microsoft's home console still has a few tricks up its sleeve.
He said: "Honestly  is a puzzle, a puzzle box. It's a matter of figuring out how to squeeze water from a stone at this stage in the generation. If you look at games like the new Tomb Raider, or look at Gears , these are games that weren't really possible when the consoles first came out. Only when the developers mastered what the console was capable of were they able to squeeze that much graphic power from it."
Bleszinski added: "I still think we can still squeeze some more out of it, right? It's a matter of optimising how you run your work flow and what you do with it."
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching