Next generation of Xbox may appear at E3 2012, Timesplitters 4 in coming to next gen
A rumour has surface that Microsoft's next generation of home console hardware may make an appearance at next year's E3 along with Timesplitters 4.
According to Videogamer.com a source close to Crytek has slipped that they are working on Timesplitters 4 for the next generation of console hardware from both Sony and Microsoft and that the next-gen Xbox version may make an appearance at E3 2012 alongside the new hardware.
Crytek bought up Timesplitters developer Free Radical after their last big title, the PS3 exclusive Haze failed to impress and renamed the studio Crytek UK.
The sources also pointed out that the next generation of console hardware is using DirectX 11 technology at its heart to ramp up the graphical prowess of the machines.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer