Quality is important with Aliens Colonial Marines says SEGA
SEGA are putting a lot of emphasis on quality with their next Aliens title, the Gearbox-developed Colonial Marines.
Mike Hayes, the boss of SEGA West has stated that quality is the main priority in the development of Aliens: Colonial Marines.
Hayes said: "As a general point, when you have a great licence, the amount you need to spend on marketing is significantly less. So the two balance each other out."
He added: "But that's independent of how much money you invest in the game, because we know how well tie-in licence games have gone recently, we have to create a game that stands on its own two feet. This is a quality-first approach."
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network