Quality is important with Aliens Colonial Marines says SEGA
SEGA are putting a lot of emphasis on quality with their next Aliens title, the Gearbox-developed Colonial Marines.
Mike Hayes, the boss of SEGA West has stated that quality is the main priority in the development of Aliens: Colonial Marines.
Hayes said: "As a general point, when you have a great licence, the amount you need to spend on marketing is significantly less. So the two balance each other out."
He added: "But that's independent of how much money you invest in the game, because we know how well tie-in licence games have gone recently, we have to create a game that stands on its own two feet. This is a quality-first approach."
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below