Quality is important with Aliens Colonial Marines says SEGA
SEGA are putting a lot of emphasis on quality with their next Aliens title, the Gearbox-developed Colonial Marines.
Mike Hayes, the boss of SEGA West has stated that quality is the main priority in the development of Aliens: Colonial Marines.
Hayes said: "As a general point, when you have a great licence, the amount you need to spend on marketing is significantly less. So the two balance each other out."
He added: "But that's independent of how much money you invest in the game, because we know how well tie-in licence games have gone recently, we have to create a game that stands on its own two feet. This is a quality-first approach."
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update