Quality is important with Aliens Colonial Marines says SEGA
SEGA are putting a lot of emphasis on quality with their next Aliens title, the Gearbox-developed Colonial Marines.
Mike Hayes, the boss of SEGA West has stated that quality is the main priority in the development of Aliens: Colonial Marines.
Hayes said: "As a general point, when you have a great licence, the amount you need to spend on marketing is significantly less. So the two balance each other out."
He added: "But that's independent of how much money you invest in the game, because we know how well tie-in licence games have gone recently, we have to create a game that stands on its own two feet. This is a quality-first approach."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3