Wii U up to 50 percent more powerful than the PS3
The development community seems to be wholly impressed by Nintendo's new home console the Wii U especially with the power of the machine.
Some developers are saying that the Wii U's power is significantly higher than that of the Xbox 360 or even the PlayStation 3.
Arvind Bhatia, analyst for Stern Agee said: "Some of the developers we spoke to indicated to us that the console will have 50% more processing power compared to the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360. This is yet to be confirmed by Nintendo."
The Wii U is set to launch next year, probably in either the spring or the summer and is by far Nintendo's most ambitious home console to date.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title