History made as Duke Nukem Forever finally arrives
It has been 15 years in the making and last year, the demise of 3D Realms almost killed it completely but Duke Nukem Forever has finally made its release date.
Gearbox Software lead by Randy Pitchford, a veteran of 3D Realms, has bought up the Duke Nukem IP and worked round the clock to get Duke Nukem Forever finished.
2K Games president, Christoph Hartmann said: "June 10 in the UK will forever be celebrated as the day that the legendary Duke Nukem Forever went from video game folklore to Earth shattering reality. For 15 years fans have waited in limbo just yearning to hear those two little lovely words strung together, Now Available. Today, the acronym 'DNF' changes its meaning to a 'Day to Never Forget'. I am proud to announce that the wait is finally over and that Duke Nukem Forever is truly Now Available."
Today sees Duke Nukem Forever being released on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 in the UK with the US getting the game on June the 14th.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey