History made as Duke Nukem Forever finally arrives
It has been 15 years in the making and last year, the demise of 3D Realms almost killed it completely but Duke Nukem Forever has finally made its release date.
Gearbox Software lead by Randy Pitchford, a veteran of 3D Realms, has bought up the Duke Nukem IP and worked round the clock to get Duke Nukem Forever finished.
2K Games president, Christoph Hartmann said: "June 10 in the UK will forever be celebrated as the day that the legendary Duke Nukem Forever went from video game folklore to Earth shattering reality. For 15 years fans have waited in limbo just yearning to hear those two little lovely words strung together, Now Available. Today, the acronym 'DNF' changes its meaning to a 'Day to Never Forget'. I am proud to announce that the wait is finally over and that Duke Nukem Forever is truly Now Available."
Today sees Duke Nukem Forever being released on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 in the UK with the US getting the game on June the 14th.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer