History made as Duke Nukem Forever finally arrives
It has been 15 years in the making and last year, the demise of 3D Realms almost killed it completely but Duke Nukem Forever has finally made its release date.
Gearbox Software lead by Randy Pitchford, a veteran of 3D Realms, has bought up the Duke Nukem IP and worked round the clock to get Duke Nukem Forever finished.
2K Games president, Christoph Hartmann said: "June 10 in the UK will forever be celebrated as the day that the legendary Duke Nukem Forever went from video game folklore to Earth shattering reality. For 15 years fans have waited in limbo just yearning to hear those two little lovely words strung together, Now Available. Today, the acronym 'DNF' changes its meaning to a 'Day to Never Forget'. I am proud to announce that the wait is finally over and that Duke Nukem Forever is truly Now Available."
Today sees Duke Nukem Forever being released on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 in the UK with the US getting the game on June the 14th.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft