History made as Duke Nukem Forever finally arrives
It has been 15 years in the making and last year, the demise of 3D Realms almost killed it completely but Duke Nukem Forever has finally made its release date.
Gearbox Software lead by Randy Pitchford, a veteran of 3D Realms, has bought up the Duke Nukem IP and worked round the clock to get Duke Nukem Forever finished.
2K Games president, Christoph Hartmann said: "June 10 in the UK will forever be celebrated as the day that the legendary Duke Nukem Forever went from video game folklore to Earth shattering reality. For 15 years fans have waited in limbo just yearning to hear those two little lovely words strung together, Now Available. Today, the acronym 'DNF' changes its meaning to a 'Day to Never Forget'. I am proud to announce that the wait is finally over and that Duke Nukem Forever is truly Now Available."
Today sees Duke Nukem Forever being released on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 in the UK with the US getting the game on June the 14th.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year