History made as Duke Nukem Forever finally arrives
It has been 15 years in the making and last year, the demise of 3D Realms almost killed it completely but Duke Nukem Forever has finally made its release date.
Gearbox Software lead by Randy Pitchford, a veteran of 3D Realms, has bought up the Duke Nukem IP and worked round the clock to get Duke Nukem Forever finished.
2K Games president, Christoph Hartmann said: "June 10 in the UK will forever be celebrated as the day that the legendary Duke Nukem Forever went from video game folklore to Earth shattering reality. For 15 years fans have waited in limbo just yearning to hear those two little lovely words strung together, Now Available. Today, the acronym 'DNF' changes its meaning to a 'Day to Never Forget'. I am proud to announce that the wait is finally over and that Duke Nukem Forever is truly Now Available."
Today sees Duke Nukem Forever being released on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 in the UK with the US getting the game on June the 14th.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light