Move support will not affect the core experience in BioShock Infinite
Irrational Games' boss Ken Levine has reassured core BioShock fans that the inclusion of Move support in BioShock Infinite will not affect the core experience of the game.
He explained that the motion control scheme can be completely ignored by hardcore gamers and that he was approaching the Move support as porting the game over to another platform.
He told IGN: "I'm not going to change my game. I'm not going to change the core experience. I almost view this as a port to another platform. If you don't care about [Move], don't worry about it. You don't have to touch that. You'll never even notice it's there. If you want to try it, it's there, great. My hope is that we'll succeed in the experiment and people will like it."
Levine added on possible Kinect features for BioShock Infinite: "The things that interested me most in the Microsoft press conference were things that enhance things that are cumbersome within the current structure. What I would never want to do is do something that requires more work or feels less organic or gimmicky. I'm not a fan of 'pick up the thing and shake it to do X, Y or Z.' Only if its something that's less work or more expressive in some way. I think theres an opportunity [with BioShock Infinite]. I'm going to try and succeed at it."
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch