Mass Effect 3 voice recognition is Kinect-only
Bioware's Casey Hudson has revealed that the voice recognition features they have introduced to Mass Effect 3 as Kinect functionality on the Xbox 360 is exclusive to the Microsoft's console.
Hudson explained that, because the voice recognition is handled by the Kinect hardware rather than the Xbox 360 itself the voice recognition is entirely unique to the Xbox version of the game.
This means that the PS3 and PC, both of which could theoretically handle voice recognition in the game will not have the added features that have been included for Kinect. Given the series' heritage as an Xbox 360 exclusive it is not really that much of a surprise though.
Mass Effect 3 will arrive on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on March the 6th 2012. There was even hints the game making it to the Wii U although we'll wait to see it that actually pans out.
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent
- New video gives a sneak peek at Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below
- Sony claims “no evidence” of a breach after hacker group claims to have leaked PSN account details online
- Activision using copyright strikes to remove Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare glitch videos from YouTube
- Steam Thanksgiving Sale to begin later this week
- Irrational Games seems to be hiring again
- Gorgeous Xbox One metroidvania adventure Ori And The Blind Forest delayed into next year
- Crytek bringing the action fo Warface to Siberia
- Warner Bros releases brand new Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay footage