Mass Effect 3 voice recognition is Kinect-only
Bioware's Casey Hudson has revealed that the voice recognition features they have introduced to Mass Effect 3 as Kinect functionality on the Xbox 360 is exclusive to the Microsoft's console.
Hudson explained that, because the voice recognition is handled by the Kinect hardware rather than the Xbox 360 itself the voice recognition is entirely unique to the Xbox version of the game.
This means that the PS3 and PC, both of which could theoretically handle voice recognition in the game will not have the added features that have been included for Kinect. Given the series' heritage as an Xbox 360 exclusive it is not really that much of a surprise though.
Mass Effect 3 will arrive on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on March the 6th 2012. There was even hints the game making it to the Wii U although we'll wait to see it that actually pans out.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today