Denki's Quarrel finally finds a home
Denki Games' long lost title Quarrel that had originally been in development for Xbox Live Arcade has finally found a publisher and a new home.
UTV Ignition has announced that they will be publishing Quarrel but the game has jumped from the Xbox to iPhone and iPad.
For those not familiar with Quarrel, it is a strategy word game that blends elements of Risk and Scrabble and even uses the official Scrabble dictionary as a basis for the title. In Quarrel players capture territories by making bigger words than their opponents from the random letters given. The first player to capture all the territories on the given map is the winner and with 12 maps and numerous AI opponents there's plenty of challenges for players of all levels.
Denki boss Gary Penn said: "Quarrel is a deceptive beast--sure it's a classy word gamebut there's an equally suave strategic soul, a depth of personality that unfolds the moreyou play against the disarmingly human A.I. Opponents. Its distinctively endearing style, and charm makes it unique. Whether you play word games or not, it's packed with moments youhave to share."
Quarrel will be available on iPhone and iPad later on in the summer.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone